The simFlight Network Forums

TCAS Range for on-ground traffic to be able to be set to unlimited

Hi,

you cannot modify the settings direct in FS via FSUIPC for Ground Vehicles, but for Airline/ General/ Ships & Ferries in FSUIPC there is a Hack that controls those via Offset (check Offset Status List), Offsets 0x0250 / 0x0251 / 0x0252.

But you can for FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC5 use the new Facilities under [Traffic Limiter] in the INI file, but also controllable via Offsets, 0x86E0 to 0x86E7.

86E3 1 Traffic Limiter: ground preference value

Thomas

• Upvote 1

Thak you for the reply :)

FSUIPC has a built in limit of 6nm for Ground Traffic - I need this to be unlimited if possible. The Offsets don't really do what I'd like until I am able to get all of the Ground Traffic within the reality bubble. FSUIPC already allows you to have an unlimited range for Air Traffic, and I would like the same 'unlimited' feature to be encorporated to the Ground Traffic too.

Oh, and just so everyone is aware, I only am interested in the Airplane traffic - boats and cars etc I am not doing anything with

But did you check the manual?

GroundPreference: This is the % probability of nearby (up to 20nm with slight bia to > 0.5nm) ground traffic being deleted provided they do not already have clearance, or are shutting down after arrival in any case. Increasing this will give better frame rates and more free parking spaces at the local airports, but can of course ultimately limit the number of aircraft taking off. Decreasing it will delete fewer local ground aircraft, with none being deleted if this is set to 0.

Thomas

• Upvote 1

No, I am sorry, this is not my intention and this doesn't work in how I would like it.

I need the Maximum amount of aircraft possible for my arrival and departure airports (I can code this myself). Any other airplane traffic I need deleted.

Please be assured I have extensively tried many methods to complete my task. I am able to completely code it myself - the only thing which is holding me back is I can't get all of the Ground Traffic data, only those within 6nm :(.

Thanks

Hi,

did you check the TrafficLook from Useful additional programs? Being in EGLL it gives me the information for AI on ground in a range of 39nm. It uses of course FSUIPC, I checked here with P3Dv3. That you get only a range of 6nm must be related to the way you read the info.

Thomas

Hey, thanks for the reply

Yes I have seen that software.

And no sorry, it is not how I am reading the info. The 6nm limit is hard-coded into FSUIPC and cannot be changed through any setting - which is why I am asking for it to be allowed to be changed. Try Traffic Look at EGLL and you won't get EGKK on ground traffic - it's too far away. Even Pete himself has said that 6nm is the limit.

I am 100% confident that, if the 6nm limit was set to unlimited, I would be able to make my program.

Ty :)

Hi

That's strange then - maybe TrafficLook has a seperate way / hack?

Although I am sure that the 6nm is my problem - Pete himself has said that this is the limit and that it was why I couldn't fetch much ground traffic data.

Maybe even just having 39nm range for my program could work? Does anyone know how far away AI are spawned? Although I would much prefer unlimited, like the airborne aircraft - So I could remove them through my program before they are even spawned (I believe this would work because I remember a while ago I set TrafficLook to KJFK and a A340 which was still near London on it's way had shown up, but obviously hasn't actually spawned).

Thanks for your help :)