The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG aircraft doesn't playback correct

Hello Fabio,

I just bought your recorder today, working with P3D v4.

Although they are correctly activated and fully operational, my PMDG 777 and 747 doesn't playback correct with your recorder. The landing gear, flaps, spoilers, engines and steering surfaces aren't played in replay. 

Do you have any advice?

Hi! thank you for your purchase!

Do you tried to record flight and after quit to main menu , reload pmdg aircraft in another situation and after that trynload your recorded flight ?

PMDG planes are quite complex. I m developing in these months v4 with support to PMDG official Sdk, BUT landing gear , spoilers and flaps should work... I ll check and i ll let you know asap ?. Thank you Fabio

Hi Fabio,

I can confirm with 747, all landing gears, flaps, spoilers are correct. But, the other things like ailerons, rudder, Engine status (EPR, N1, EGT etc, also engine sound), and tons of buttons in cockpit like APU switch, exterior lights switches, transponder, Radio, FMC, FCU. PFD and ND are abnormal as well.

As a customer, I know things like PMDG is quite a Giant, but as most of people have experienced FSRecorder, I guess there're lots of assignments are based on general P3D base. So when we finished one assignment, we can use it globally. 

We are pleased to know that you are researching the SDK provided by PMDG, but please be quick, thank you.

Pic took from FCR v3.5

PS: oh, the wingflex is also buggy, that's a big eyecandy for us.  

2017-7-10_23-24-47-26.thumb.jpg.adbb7725016f0ff6e48b210cc785aec2.jpg

2017-7-10_23-26-29-43.thumb.jpg.9e97a736577362735272300097cfab4a.jpg

2017-7-10_23-26-53-576.thumb.jpg.4f17fda95a071a4951cd00bbeee0bf09.jpg

2017-7-10_23-26-59-350.thumb.jpg.d6364bcd57cf1cc30a1cd73d4a97f6a9.jpg

2017-7-10_23-27-25-250.thumb.jpg.d7f3cc276ac4596dd34ed38f14c56b4b.jpg

Just some other issues to let Fabio notice.

Aircraft on ground still have those problems:

1. Bouncing on the runway while rolling out.

2. Nose wheel steering still not working at least for 747v3

3. Spoiler retraction sometimes messed up.

I suggest Fabio why not add a global reset function for each replay? You can log the initial aircraft status at the beginning of a record, and load these binaries for replays. Just as what PMDG does. 

Hi guys!

i m happy you found my FlightControlReplay useful... As Frank told previously, PMDG planes are a big monster :-D! 

I m developing in these months support to PMDG SDK . I noted all three point Frank ;-) .

I think that Banalizator issue he can resolve with my advice. PMDG it take a lot of seconds to load all perfectly. I can suggest when you record a flight with PMDG aircraft to reload scenery and aircraft before play a flight situation recorded. In that way all it should ok ;-)

Thanks for feedback and your support Frank and Banalizator!!! ;-) 

Fabio

• Upvote 1

On 2017/7/10 at 11:54 PM, Banalisator said:

Thank you Frank,

I hope Fabio has an idea what is wrong with my installation that even those basic things aren't played back.

I suggest you save the current scenario before you record. That is, save, start record, finish record. If you wanna replay, just load the saved scenario first, then quickly open up your record and play. That makes sure your PMDG aircraft is at the exactly same status as the beginning of the record. Hope can help you out. 

Hello Fabio,

I spend the last few days testing different scenarios, different aircrafts (737/747), different states to save. Nothing worked at all.

For me, flightcontrolreplay was the first useless product (of near 50 products in total) bought at simmarket, 15 useless euros spent. What the product description says that it is P3D v4 compatible and works with PMDG is just not correct. 

I know that simmarket normally doesn't provide any refund, so I'll just state this as an error by myself, buying flightcontrolreplay.

Ric

Hi!

PMDG 737 747 Flaps gears spoiler works. If a user record PMDG flight situation i advice to Exit from actual Flight , Reload a P3D/FSX flight situation and after that User can Load FCR flight sitution previously recorded. This steps are reccomended for let PMDG have complete re-inizialization. It is not FCR job reinit PMDG aircraft but this re-init it is made by FlightSim engine.

As i wrote i m developing official support of PMDG SDK.  I sent you pvt message asking you which are your steps . I m happy to help you ....

Let me know

F

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ,

for all that doesnt see replay of animations of PMDG, i advice to make these steps tha PMDG recommended between one flight and another (in our case between the flight recorded and a load of replay with the same PMDG airplane).

1. After stop recording PMDG  session, I quit P3D4
2. start P3D4 and choose default flight and wait till this is fully loaded.
3. Then on top of that load the saved flight from FCR and the correct PMDG replay will show up

These steps grant to make ALL PMDG ANIMATIONS WORKING.

thanks

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Fabio,

I'd like to report issue too.

I'm flying the PMDG 747 QOTS II

After the steps you said above,

close P3D, run P3D,

I tried to load the fight in the departure airport with PMDG aircraft or defualt F22 at default airport (I'm not sure what do you mean by load default flight?) and after the aircraft fully loaded,
I load the saved flight from FCR but there are no wing flex, gear animation is normal except the wing gear won't retract, and the flaps keep at takeoff flaps position and won't retract as I did. Seems the animation part is not working correctly. Any ideas?

And the second big problem is that the replay rate is jumping sometimes. If I use automatic sample rate, when I'm replaying the flight I thought it's at 3x simrate when replaying. If I choose 30FPS sample rate, I normally got normal rate of replay but sometimes it's not so steady that would jump to like 2x simrate then back to normal. Would you please look into these problems? 

Thank you for constant updates and this great product.

Hi Volleyball!

Thank you for your in kind words! This congrats make me happy and always more motivated for continue to grow up flightcontrolreplay!!

For Pmdg do you have tried to follow my advice:

advice to make these steps tha PMDG recommended between one flight and another (in our case between the flight recorded and a load of replay with the same PMDG airplane).
1. After stop recording PMDG  session, I quit P3D4
2. start P3D4 and choose default flight and wait till this is fully loaded.
3. Then on top of that load the saved flight from FCR and the correct PMDG replay will show up

Do you have fixed fps of your system before recording ? I advice to not set unlimited because p3d and fsx jump a lot with fps unlimited. If you fix fps for example at 30 in p3d or fsx , try recording using fcr option at Automatic or better at the same fps limit that you set in p3d or fsx. ?  let e know

thank you very much 

Hello, Fabio,

As I stated above, I did follow your steps to re-run P3D then load default flight with default F22 at the default airport. After that I start the FlightControlReplay and load the saved flight. But still have no luck. the wing gear won't retract, the wing flex is not correct and the flaps won't change position.

I'll try the fix fps tip in P3D and report back but in some complex sceneries I can't get fixed 30 FPS because my computer isn't strong enough. Would that be a problem?

Something more, sometimes I record my landing, but I only have 2 files generated by FCR, one is .fxml and one is .wx. No .fcr and no .kml file generated so I can't replay that landing. Did I missed something? 

Thank you for the quick reply :) 

Hi !

Wing flex I dont support in v3.5 but in v4 i ll support all animations of pmdg because i ll use directly pmdg SDK. 

If you have airport addons very heavy I advice to set fps into p3d at for example 20 fps  and set fcr option to 20 and record. When you ll play it try leave fcr at 20 fps or try Automatic.

If you dont find fcr file it means that record it is not finalized. But This is very strange. You installed all prerequisites ?

thanks f 

Hello, Fabio,

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it. I should have installed all prerequisites, and the problem comes about 1 time of 8~9 records, it's not very often but sometimes annoying because maybe this landing is a beautiful one but no records so replay isn't available.

Looking forward to v4 and vNext :)

Thank you.