The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS Connection

Hello Everyone,

I notice Pete is away until September 12th so hoping maybe someone else may be able to help . For a long long time my 2 PC's  (C2 and C3) connected through WFS  to the server (C3) with no issues. This morning only C2 connects. I have made no changes to C3,, the PC that wont connect. There has been a W10 update to both C3 and the server (C1) this morning which might possibly be the problem. C2 running W7 connects without an issue. It's been a long time since I set this up and I'm looking for ideas on where to search for a solution. I've included 2 logs from WFS ini .

WideClient.log

WideClient.log

WideClient.log

An Update.  Called my son over  and he being a network guru solved the issue. He's pretty confident it was caused by the windows update changing adapter settings. He says he gets 5 calls for PC repairs every time Windows updates.  I can't really say how he fixed it..too many mouse clicks for me to follow but part of it was the ethernet adapter settings.

I've disabled regular updates on both my W10 PC's now. Security updates can't be disabled, at least not with my skill set. Next thing will be to shut down Windows defender which is also a royal pain. 

Thomas,  for sure I agree on the Windoofs :)