The simFlight Network Forums

New to FSUIPC

Well, not that new but after twelve years finally tried to us it with my Saitek X52 Pro. So far everything has gone as it is describe, the button assignments have gone rather well and the Axis with the exception of calibrating but I am still working on it. Two things I could use help with. One, the throttle assignment using just the single throttle to operate all engines some how I got past the back thruster issue first trying throttle 1 and checking the box to not use the bac thruster feature but only gave me one engine on mt twin engine aircraft so I went back in and selected "Throttle" and it worked. I saved the ini file as I go. The other question the Pan View when I use it has froze up a few times. Went back in and reset it but wondered what would cause that. So far wish I had started using it sooner. It is great. So you might better understand my build I am using three monitors and have the X52 Pr0, the Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Switch Box and Saitek Rudder peddles all working without conflicks though that is why I started using the FSUIPC for all of the X52 Pro settings and here is my complete build:

1.CPU:  Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor (3.5 GHz, 8 MB Cache, Intel HD graphics, BX80646I74770K). 
2.Motherboard:  ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO DDR3 2800 LGA 1150 Motherboard socket for 4th Generation Intel Core i7/ i5/ i3/ Pentium / Celeron Processors
3.Memory:      G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 240-Pin Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM.
4.Storage:  Crucial M500 240GB SATA 2.5-Inch 7mm Internal Solid State Drive CT240M500SSD1. 
5.Video Card:   EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card
6.Case:   Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case
7.Power Supply:   Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
8.Operating System:  a.Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit, System Builder OEM DVD 1 Pack 
9.Monitor: Acer V226WLbd 60Hz 22.0" Monitor 3ea
10.CPU Cooler:   Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Liquid CPU Cooler (CW-9060010-WW)
11. Corsair K70 Vengeance Keyboard
12.Bose Speakers

I do test and experiment on a single monitor build as well using a Thrustmaster Joy Stick and Thrust master peddles. I have the Stick running through the FSUIPC but haven't learned hot to calibrate it. It works pretty good though just sending the axis settings straight to the FSX program without calibrating. With all that, one thing at a time, the hat switch, Pan View freezing up any clues?

Hi,

which FSUIPC4 version are you using?

15 hours ago, usb777 said:

One, the throttle assignment using just the single throttle to operate all engines some how I got past the back thruster issue first trying throttle 1 and checking the box to not use the bac thruster feature but only gave me one engine on mt twin engine aircraft so I went back in and selected "Throttle" and it worked.

Defining as Trottle 1 will of course result in controlling only Engine-1, where Throttle controls all Engine.

For PanView definition and also for Calibration please check the FSUIPC manuals, located in ..\Modules\FSUIPC Documents\ folder, well described.

Thomas

I am using 4.968. Thanks I will look into the manual again. On the throttle, how do I just use the "Throttle" and stop it from wanting to use the back thruster effect? I tried  on the set area moving the throttle to "0" then pressing set. Seems hard to get it to recognize the new setting. What page in the manual will I find the pan view info? Been going through it but as I am sure you know seems clear to anyone that already understands but not so clear to those who have yet gained the knowledge.