The simFlight Network Forums

Losing settings on FSUIPC

Hi,

I would like to start a new topic concerning a bit "strange" behavior of FSUIPC, but let me start with configuration first:

- FSX:SE flight simulator;

- Windows 10, 64bit;

- Aerosoft Airbus A320/321;

Thrustmaster T. Flight HOTAS X joystick;

- FSUIPC 4;

Everything was working perfectly OK for months after installation of the SFUIPC and making all necessary settings for the joystick assignments. Unfortunately during the last few weeks the plane started losing controls, which were previously set and adjusted. I had noticed that mainly the axes assignments are lost due to unknown reasons. Setting them again and calibrating the values is working properly for some time and lost again. It applies to slider axes mainly.

I have no idea if it matters at all, but these strange actions started to happen after I installed FlyTampa scenery and AI traffic on my system. There is no change now, even if I remove both of them.

Please advice.

Edited by Goshob

2 hours ago, Goshob said:

I had noticed that mainly the axes assignments are lost due to unknown reasons. Setting them again and calibrating the values is working properly for some time and lost again. It applies to slider axes mainly.

Probably the USB settings are wrong, with Windows power management turn on. Go to Windows Device Manager, find all the USB hubs and devices listed, right click on each, and if there's a tab or option for power management, make sure it is turned off.

2 hours ago, Goshob said:

Setting them again and calibrating the values is working properly for some time and lost again. It applies to slider axes mainly.

I suspect all you actually needed to do is go into the axis Assignments tab, and select the "reload" button. I think that would achieve the same thing more reliably and speedily, because all that will be happening is that use of the settings is causing a re-scan of the devices, which wakes them up.

FSUIPC won't be "losing any settings" -- they are reliably recorded for you in the INI file. It's just that the device is not able to measure the axis positions because of lack of USB power. This doesn't affect buttons, which basically just send a simple "press" or "release" signal back, needing only enough power for the USB interface chippery.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you for the explanation. I had checked the USB hubs as recommended above and the only notification available under the power setting is that the hub is self powered. There is no any check box in the power tab.

However and in order to avoid eventual mistakes, let me describe how I am assigning the axes of the joystick. My joystick is having 5 axes, but I am using 4 of them - Ailerons, Elevator, Throttle and Rudder. Type of joystick and SIM type were mentioned in my previous post. I am doing the assignment as follows after entering into Axes assignment tab:

- move corresponding control lever of the joystick observing the indication in the area;

- click on button Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration;

- check one of the check boxes on Type of action required;

- chose corresponding action from the drop down menu right on corresponding checkbox;

- press Reset button top left and do the same thing with the other control lever;

I am assigning a separate check box for each axes, which suits to my needs. No idea actually, if this is correct or not, but at least suits.

I proceed with axes calibration after completing the above process for all available axes on my joystick. I prefer to press OK and go back to FSUIPC app before proceeding to a different tab of the menu.

Would appreciate your comments.

29 minutes ago, Goshob said:

I had checked the USB hubs as recommended above and the only notification available under the power setting is that the hub is self powered. There is no any check box in the power tab.

Hang on. You devices aren't connected direct to the PC, but via a poered hub? The "hubs" I'm talking about are the ones on your motherboard.

Device manager -> Universal Serial Bus controllers, then check EVERY device listed. Here I have 19 entries.  Now some of those don't have a "Power Management" tab in their right-click properties. But ALL of those with "hub" in their name does -- 12 of them in my case.

29 minutes ago, Goshob said:

I am assigning a separate check box for each axes, which suits to my needs.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by this.

The rest seems okay. Normal things used by many folks with no problems at all. And you said:

On 10/17/2017 at 1:21 PM, Goshob said:

Everything was working perfectly OK for months after installation of the SFUIPC and making all necessary settings for the joystick assignments. Unfortunately during the last few weeks the plane started losing controls,

So, what changed?  Maybe your powered hub is now failing, disconnecting occasionally? Maybe the device itself is failing.

Try plugging the device directly into the PC.

Pete