The simFlight Network Forums

VOICE RECOGNITION for Tower 3d

AST

I have a new build PC running windows 10 well in excess of the specified requirements and a Logitech microphone.

I have Tower 3D via Steam.The first time I used it the voice recognition worked  perfectly but when I came back to it, it will not work. I have tried many times and even re-installed from Steam. I have re-booted etc. I press then left shift and it makes the pip pip noise but will not recognise my speech. Windows 10 of course does not let me change the voice from English (eng) to English (US) but that should make no difference as it worked first time.

I have looked the problem up on Steam and on the Just Flight forums but none of the solutions work satisfactorily.This is not about my voice, it works perfectly on Cortana. It is about the programme and/or Windows 10.

6 hours ago, AST said:

I have a new build PC running windows 10 well in excess of the specified requirements and a Logitech microphone.

I have Tower 3D via Steam.The first time I used it the voice recognition worked  perfectly but when I came back to it, it will not work. I have tried many times and even re-installed from Steam. I have re-booted etc. I press then left shift and it makes the pip pip noise but will not recognise my speech. Windows 10 of course does not let me change the voice from English (eng) to English (US) but that should make no difference as it worked first time.

I have looked the problem up on Steam and on the Just Flight forums but none of the solutions work satisfactorily.This is not about my voice, it works perfectly on Cortana. It is about the programme and/or Windows 10.

This game has a weird issue that if you don't have your mic turned on BEFORE the game loads, it will not recognize the mic.  This game also has a weird issue if your mic is ON and you launch the game it still doesn't work.  Happens to me all the time.  Not sure how your mic is set, but you may want to disable it, then enable it before loading into the game.  Launch the game, then if it still doesn't work, disable and enable it in game.  If you're using a headset mic, try turning off just the mic part and back on again.

Hello Joe

Thanks for taking the time to reply. You are right about the mike being plugged in before loading. I did get another message on the forum with some solutions and by doing all these things I seem to be up and running.

Thanks again.