The simFlight Network Forums

CH Throttle Calibration

Hi Pete perhaps you could shed light re CH throttle Quad. I cannot seem to create the reverse position for this. I would like to create a profile for typical turbo props with reverse thrust. Wnen you say "

For controls which have centres or intermediate ‘idle’ positions (aileron, elevator, rudder, spoiler, trim and the separate
throttle and propeller pitch controls where centre (idle) is between forward and reverse), position the control in its centre,
détente (e.g. “arm” for spoiler) or default position. Pressing the centre “Set” button will enter the value in one or other of
," is this the centre of the full arc or at the notch?

Just another option I read was to save  and then delete the .ini file and then P3D will re build the file?

Regards

Charles

Edited by charlesallsop
Incorrect info

1 hour ago, charlesallsop said:

is this the centre of the full arc or at the notch?

Wherever you want the normal idle to be!  It doesn't matter where. Just be sure to set a small zone around it in case of slight variation (temperature, etc).

1 hour ago, charlesallsop said:

Just another option I read was to save  and then delete the .ini file and then P3D will re build the file?

Not sure where you read something so odd. FSUIPC's INI file is nothing to do with P3D. Nothing can re-build it if you delete it -- next time FSUIPC runs it will make a default one, with none of your settings at all!

Pete

Hi Pete, apologies in first text I meant Reverse, not idle. Idle is not a problem I cant seem to get the levers to go into the reverse (Beta) position. I see with P3D V latest version there is an option for a throttle reverse axis; turned on controllers to see it that would work but does not "see" the lever moving rearwards, only forwards to increase power axis.

4 hours ago, charlesallsop said:

apologies in first text I meant Reverse, not idle.

Yes, but everything 'below' idle 9i.e nearer to you) is reverse.

I cant seem to get the levers to go into the reverse (Beta) position.

Well, if the calibration shows the "no reverse zone" unchecked, and the OUT value going negative, then FSUIPC is definitely telling the sim to engage reverse.

Some add-on aircraft implementations don't provide an axis-settable reverse, and for those the only way tou can engage it is be sending "throttle decr" controls instead (like F2 on the keyboard).

But I think you said you were talking about turbo props. Don't they implement reverse by altering the prop pitch to blow the air the other way? I didn't think they had a verses like a jet, with a cowling coming down to redirect the air flow. Maybe you want prop pitch, not throttle control?

Pete

Hi Pete, ok some progress, I have been taking note of the numbers changing up and down as I cailibrate. Now have full max and reverse. When moving the CH Quad slighly forard to get the upper idle setting the numbers dont change, ditto for the lower idle setting. So yes its the idle setting I was actually right the first time. The "delete file was in your user guide? Checklist for Assigning Axes via FSUIPC in P3D
o CH Control Manager or Saitek SST software not started
o Control Panel in Windows: All controllers detected and Working.
o Controllers NOT detected: Replug in the controllers and reboot if necessary to ensure that
Windows detects the controller – controllers detected
o USB controllers plugged directly in to the motherboard or via a dedicated good quality powered
USB 2.0 Hub.
o Delete (or move) the FSUIPC5.ini file from the Modules folder.
o FSUIPC5 is up to date and install the latest version if necessary.
o Start

The "delete file was in your user guide? Checklist for Assigning Axes via FSUIPC in P3D

This was if you are starting from scratch, just a precaution so that the rest of those instructions make sense! If you delete it you lose ALL of your settings made to that time! That is what you want to happen if you are in a mess and want to start again!  How is it applicable here, to you? If it is, go ahead, but don't expect either P3D or FSUIPC to rebuild all your settings again. You have to do that yourself!

BTW that Appendix was a contribution from a user (Peter Hayes) trying to help folks who somehow got into a mess, or don't understand what they are doing. 

Pete