The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC

my question is i have a old version of FSUIPC ver 3.04, and want to buy the new version, i have installed Flight Command and if i upgrade to the new pay version, will this new FSUIPC overight everything, and everything else will still work, ie flight tracker, fs nav, fs meteo,

hope this make sense as i am not into computers and just load and play

would much appriciate any help on this

thanks

steve

my question is i have a old version of FSUIPC ver 3.04, and want to buy the new version, i have installed Flight Command and if i upgrade to the new pay version, will this overight everything, and everything else will still work, ie flight tracker, fs nav, fs meteo

Version 3.04 is not so old, and it was also a "pay" version, but only if you want all the facilities.

I don't know "Flight Command" nor, therefore, whether it even uses FSUIPC. But FlightTracker and FSMeteo work because they have access keys -- you don't need to pay for fSUIPC for those. FSNav is nothing to do with FSUIPC, it doesn't need it or use it.

The short answer, really, to your question is to ALWAYS use the latest version of FSUIPC, whether you pay for the extra facilities or not. The latest version changes this weekend -- version 3.11 is just being released.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Steve,

my question is i have a old version of FSUIPC ver 3.04, and want to buy the new version, i have installed Flight Command and if i upgrade to the new pay version, will this new FSUIPC overight everything, and everything else will still work, ie flight tracker, fs nav, fs meteo,

have you registered your FSUIPC ver 3.04? If yes then you don't have to pay again to upgrade to ver 3.10(latest). Just put hte new FSUIPC.dll into the modules folder and make shure you keep your old FSUIPC.ini and FSUIPC.key. Then everything will work as it did before the upgrade.

Regards,

Frank

flight comand is a bit like fs nav and fs meteo

Ah, you mean Sascha Felix's "FlightSim Commander". Yes, I do know of that one. It does use FSUIPC.

i lost old key so i think i need to purchase a new registration key which i can do when the new one comes out

If you have a plausible reason for a lost key I expect SimMarket can find it and re-issue it for you if you ask customer services at http://www.simmarket.com. Explain it all to them. You'll have to use the same name and email address as you used the first time.

FSUIPC 3.11 is now released and available on http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.

Regards,

Pete