The simFlight Network Forums

P3D V4.1 not starting with FSUIPC 5

Hey,

since yesterday i have a big problem with FSUIPC5. I need it to run the IvAP-Client from IVAO.

I installed FSUIPC5 but every time I launch P3D it crashes about 5-10 seconds after launching it. 

When I delte the "Modules"-Folder, it is launching perfectly again. So it has something to do with FSUIPC5.

I found this error in my Install-log:

"Attempt to set the ACL entries for Modules access permissions failed, error = 1332"

I also tried to launch P3D as administrator. I almost tried everything - nothing helped until now.

Maybe someone can help me with this problem.

Thank you :)

Julian

20 minutes ago, JulianLueders said:

since yesterday i have a big problem with FSUIPC5. I need it to run the IvAP-Client from IVAO.

I installed FSUIPC5 but every time I launch P3D it crashes about 5-10 seconds after launching it. 

Are you running P3D version 4.1?  What version of FSUIPC did you install? 5.122 (or later) is not compatible with P3D4.0 so you would need to update P3D.

And regarding this 

22 minutes ago, JulianLueders said:

I found this error in my Install-log:

"Attempt to set the ACL entries for Modules access permissions failed, error = 1332

Error 1332 is documented as meaning "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.", whatever that means.

So my questions would be:

1. Did you run the installer "as administrator" as instructed?
2. Was the end result effective?  i.e are there FSUIPC5.INI and FSUIPC5.LOG files in the Modules folder?
3. What does the Security tab in the modules folder properties show? Is "Everyone" included as a user name, and if so, when selected, are there ticks below against "Full control" and "Modify"? If not you will need to set it yourself.

If there is a FSUIPC5.LOG file in the Modules folder, please show it to me.

26 minutes ago, JulianLueders said:

When I delte the "Modules"-Folder,

Why delete the folder? That means re-installing each time.  If you must stop FSUIPC loading, just rename FSUIPC5.DLL to FSUIPC5.DLX (or anything different) and it won't then load.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I appear to be having the same problem. I am installing FSUIPC5 (unregistered) to support TOPS Takeoff Performance System v1.2.0 use with my PMDG 777-300ER. Maybe my description of the problem will help both myself and Julian.

I have installed FSUIPC5.122 under P3D4.1 but now, when starting Win10 Pro, at the screen to enter my Win10 PIN, I receive the window "P3D requires a minimum display resolution of 1024x720. Would you like to change your display resolution? Yes/No". I am using a 4k screen with resolution 3840x2160. On answering Yes, I receive the P3D splash and a Desktop Icon Settings window. On answering Yes to this, the settings window disappears but so too does the P3D splash and P3D ends.

If I rename FSUIPC5.DLL and restart, P3D loads without a problem. Restoring the name FSUIPC5.DLL again returns to the same problem.

FSUIPC5 was run as Administrator, both the .INI and .LOG files are present, and the security tab of the Modules folder shows Full Control and Modify ticked for Everyone. I have attached the FSUIPC5.LOG file of the installation. 

Can you help me solve this problem, please? 

Many thanks

FSUIPC5 Install.log

15 minutes ago, Richard Macdonald Woods said:

I have installed FSUIPC5.122 under P3D4.1 but now, when starting Win10 Pro, at the screen to enter my Win10 PIN, I receive the window "P3D requires a minimum display resolution of 1024x720. Would you like to change your display resolution? Yes/No". I am using a 4k screen with resolution 3840x2160.

That seems a bit muddled. "starting Win10 Pro"? "Win10 Pin".  And you get a message about P3D without even trying to start it?

Anyway, certainly FSUIPC has absolutely nothing to do with screens and starting either Win10 Pro or P3D. It doesn't even get loaded until P3D starts!

You'll need to look elsewhere. Probably the L-M P3D support forum is the correct place for such an odd thing, unless you do really mean Win10 Pro in which case you need Microsoft support.

On answering Yes, I receive the P3D splash and a Desktop Icon Settings window. On answering Yes to this, the settings window disappears but so too does the P3D splash and P3D ends.

Regarding FSUIPC5,  the Install Log for FSUIPC shows you are installing FSUIPC 5.122 but that you are still using P3D version 4.0.  From the Log:

Checking version of the Prepar3D v4 EXE:
... Version 4.0.28.21686  (Need at least 4.0.20.21316)

You MUST update your P3D to 4.1. Version 4.0 is not supported. This was made clear in the change notes for FSUIPC!

Pete