The simFlight Network Forums

Weird things happening with keysend feature.

Hi Pete,

Let me set up my system quickly for you as I think it will help.  I built a Citation Mustang cockpit.  On the server Pc I run p3d4 with a licensed copy of the newest version of fsuipc.  I have a client Pc running g1000 simulation software.  I have a custom MFD made with twelve soft keys.  When you push a soft key a keystroke is sent.  I use fsuipc to capture the keystroke and send it to the client Pc using widefs and the keysend feature of the widefs client software which then sends the correct keystroke to the g1000 simulation to activate softkey 1 of the mfd. So basically when I press the first soft key it sends a keystroke ctrl+shift+A.  Which fsuipc captures and is setup to send that keystroke as parimeter 1 via widefs to the client software which then uses keysend to send that same keystroke to the g1000 software which is setup to receive that keystroke to activate mfd soft button 1.  Every thing was working perfectly then it stopped working.  I went into my widefs client ini file and all my keysend commands were gone in fact my whole user section was gone so I redid everything.  I know everything is set up properly because when I press the keystrokes on the actual keyboard on the server Pc it correctly activates the correct softkey in the G1000 simulation on the client Pc. The problem I'm having is only some of my actual mfd soft keys seem to be sending their keystroke to fsuipc on the server pc and some don't work.  I know the buttons are all mechanically and electronically working as there is software where I can test them.  I just can't figure out why some of the soft keys send the correct keystroke to fsuipc which is sent to the client Pc via widefs and the keysend feature and correctly activate the correct g1000 soft key and some of the soft keys seem to not want to send a keystroke to fsuipc.or want to work with fsuipc. As I mentioned before what really puzzles me is if I press the appropriate keystroke on the actual keyboard of the server Pc all the soft keys on the g1000 simulation on the client Pc work.  What is even stranger is it was working perfectly then some how the user section of the client ini file got deleted.  I should mention the custom pfd has a simple cfg file where you can set a keystroke to each soft key.  I'm stumped.  Do you have any insight what might be going on. 

Always appreciate you're help

John 

Hi,

What is even stranger is it was working perfectly then some how the user section of the client ini file got deleted.

WideClient doesn't delete the WideClient.ini file or parts of it but for this part it sounds more like a Anti-Virus software deletes the INI file and WideClient will of course create then a new fresh one.

Get first one side fixed before going to FSUIPC.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas.  I was able to fix it and all works well except about after a half hour of flying the soft keys on the mfd don't work anymore. If I open up fsuipc and review my keysend commands and return to flying they usually start working again.  Very strange.

john