The simFlight Network Forums

ABL Message Window Revisited

Hi Pete, just letting you know the white-on-green message window option you added to FSUIPC is working a treat.

admod_screen_01.jpg

Now just in case you have a slow day and have run out of offsets to probe :wink: , here is one more related to the message window - could there be one there for the size of the message window? The size/position and docked/undocked state of this message window is actually referenced in each FLT file near the end:

[Message Window]

Undocked=False

ScreenUniCoords=64, 301, 8064, 145

UndocCoords=0, 0, 0, 0

The last entry is the one I am interested in, obviously relative units. When you send a multi-line message to this window it automatically enlarges to accomodate the extra lines. However when the next message is single-line it does not snap back to the original size and it looks a tad untidy and it would be nice to be able to resize the window back to single-line. Thanks for what you have done so far, without FSUIPC the sim wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun to tinker with :).

Hooroo,

When you send a multi-line message to this window it automatically enlarges to accomodate the extra lines. However when the next message is single-line it does not snap back to the original size and it looks a tad untidy and it would be nice to be able to resize the window back to single-line.

I think the only way to tackle that would be to try to detect the window being created (probably by some message intercept) and change the size on-the-fly. However, whilst I can probably do this for any window (the "stop resizing and moving" facility is related), positively identifying the correct window may be a problem.

I'll add it to my list for looking at, but it will be a couple of weeks yet - I am away from next Thursday for a week and have quite a few things to do before then.

Regards,

Pete