The simFlight Network Forums

Installing MakeRwys in P3d v. 4.1

After reading your email to me, I am sorry I asked my question in the P3d forum.  First, switching to Windows 10 and P3d v4.1 for the first time on a new computer around three weeks ago has been a shock.  I looked at your forum and web site and my understanding was I needed to install FSUIPC 5.1.22 which I did with no problem.  I then added my HiFi weather and a couple of my PMDG aircraft and my sim looked and flew great.  Since I always fly IFR (Radar Contact) I needed MakeRwys.  I understood your directions that 4.1 had changed from 4.0.  Also, that I could not just drop the MakeRwys.exe file into P3D, but needed to use the Lorby add on organizer.  I messed it up the first time I tried it.  Now, I was ready to try it again with MakeRwys v4.8.4.0, but wanted to be sure I was doing it right.  Your email stated all I have to do is drop the .exe file into P3dD which I had not read anywhere. That's the way I have done it for years.  Nothing would make me happier.  If you would clarify this for me, I would sure appreciate it.  Thank you, Mike Nicholson

49 minutes ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

I looked at your forum and web site and my understanding was I needed to install FSUIPC 5.1.22 which I did with no problem.

Only if you use FSUIPC which isn't needed or used by MakeRunways.

50 minutes ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

I understood your directions that 4.1 had changed from 4.0.

for FSUIPC, maybe, not MakeRunways. MakeRunways has changed little since Radar Contact first used the results back in the days of FS2000 or so (I think).

51 minutes ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

Also, that I could not just drop the MakeRwys.exe file into P3D, but needed to use the Lorby add on organizer. 

You can "just drop Makerunways" into the P3D folder. AddOnOrganizer is onlyneeded for those asson sceneries that use a new method of notifying their existence ot P3D -- FSDG and FlightBeam only at that time (this new method exsited with P3D3 as well).

53 minutes ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

Your email stated all I have to do is drop the .exe file into P3dD which I had not read anywhere.

You still evidently have NOT read the documentation in the Make Runways ZIP file then, where it clearly says:

For: FSX, FSX-SE, Prepar3D v1 to Prepar3D v4 inclusive
Place the EXE into the relevant main FS folder. ...

That is on the first page, less than half way down.

You obviously have still not bothered to read any of it! PLEASE GO AND READ IT!!! :-(

Pete

Pete,

Over the last ten days I have read every line of your directions to especially include the Make Runways PDF about five times over..  I'm sorry that I interpreted the instructions to mean I had to use this add on organizer.  Believe me, you have made my day!  Life is great again.  I will now install this the same way I have been doing since FS2004.  Mike 

3 hours ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

I'm sorry that I interpreted the instructions to mean I had to use this add on organizer.

BUT as the documentation also states, you should use the AddOnOrganizer ---  that is, unless you are careful never to install any add-on scenery which uses the new Addon.xml method to add to P3D!

What you needed to read was the VERY FIRST LINE telling you what to do for FSX, FSX-SE and P3D, the part I just quoted t you.

So if you read every line 5 times over (and why?), why, every time, did you skip over the very part telling you where to install it?

Sorry, but you are not making any sense! :-(

Pete