The simFlight Network Forums

E-jets v2 HUD stopped displaying-SOLVED

Roger C

I am running E jet in the 2D panel as I always do and in the past pressing W gets me the glareshield/HUD view.  Now when I push W I do get the glareshield view, however, the HUD is no longer displayed..  I looked in the panel.cfg and there is this entry:

[Window13]
background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1600,1200
window_size_ratio=1.000
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000
position=7
child_3d=1
ident=MINIPANEL

gauge00=EJet!DCP, 0, 1030, 1600, 170
gauge01=hud!hud, 194, 330, 1211, 770

I know it is not at all helpful, however, I cannot think of anything that I have changed that would have caused this.  I have not made any panel modifications or changed the aircraft at all and the only difference in my setup are a new yoke, throttle quadrant and pedals but nothing that they control is influenced by keyboard commands.

I am not expecting any magical fix-I was just hoping perhaps someone else had experienced the same problem at some time and had some insight.  I am assuming that the location references in the panel.cfg for the HUD are where it is supposed to be so that it is visible in the windscreen.  As I said in my original post, the W command does change the view to the glareshield panel at the bottom of the screen and it is simply that the HUD no longer appears above it.

Did you install any add-on after EJets? It could have corrupted dll.xml file

Location is c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml

It should contain

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FeelThere EJet P3Dv4 Helper</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>FeelThere\E170\EJetH.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

and it must be well formed XML as HUD operation depends on it.

If you are unsure just post full content of the file

• 5 weeks later...

I went into Program Data\Microsoft\FSX and there are no .dll files in that folder.

The reply posted here on Jan 14 related to P3Dv4 but if it was also supposed to be valid for FSX then it appears I am missing a file but do not know how to recover it.

1 hour ago, Roger C said:

I went into Program Data\Microsoft\FSX and there are no .dll files in that folder.

The reply posted here on Jan 14 related to P3Dv4 but if it was also supposed to be valid for FSX then it appears I am missing a file but do not know how to recover it.

the xml file details specific to adding the gauge are semi-correct FSX.  you can read about how to edit (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!!!!!) by doing a Internet search and make the correct direction to send FSX to the correct place.

as noted prior likely some other program changed your FSX install hence your problem(s) ... so it is likely a complete uninstall and reinstall will also work.

• Roger C changed the title to E-jets v2 HUD stopped displaying-SOLVED