The simFlight Network Forums

JoyNames

Hi all,

I am reinstalling FS2004 in a new PC. This is the simulator I am familiar with and after some months without computer, I wish to enjoy flying under a known environment before facing Prepar3D.

I use three devices: CH Flightsim Yoke USB, CH Pro Pedals USB and CD Throttle Quadrant (also USB connected).

I have used FSUIPC from the very beginning and I think I am familiar with its configuration and usage (thanks to reading Pete's manuals).

I am facing the problem that FSUIPC does not recognise those devices. As always, I have set the "AutoAssignLetters" parameter to "Yes", cleared the rest of the [JoyNames] section to allow FSUIPC to fill it automatically and I see in the INI file the following:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes
0=Unknown Device #0
1=Unknown Device #1
2=Unknown Device #2
A=Unknown Device #0
B=Unknown Device #1
C=Unknown Device #2

I have tried deleting again the section except for the "AutoAssignLetters=Yes", run FS2004 and I have always the same result in the INI file.

May I have some advice from anyone to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Lluís

Sorry, I forgot to say that I am now using Windows 10 Home Edition.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for your opinion.

Don't ask me how, but I run CCleaner right after switching on my PC, looked into FSUIPC.INI and all my three devices were correctly listed in the proper section of the file. Great!!! One step ahead more!!!

Now let's see if the default aircraft (Baron 58) behaves correctly as yesterday the rudder was moving left and right without touching the pedals. I hope to have everything properly configured and make my first flight of this new era as fine as before.

Thank you very much!!

Lluís