The simFlight Network Forums

Tracon 2012 and terrain?

TxCowboy

Hi

I beleive that is correct no lsalt overlays,  i found that to be a bad oversight but the best solution is to download sectionals for the area and familariase youself with lsalts for each sector entry, get the steam version its called tracon 2012 se and the latest

Wayne

2 hours ago, TxCowboy said:

Greetings. Having just purchased Tower 3d Pro and loving it, I"m looking at Tracon 2012 now, however I read somewhere that Tracon doesn't have terrain height modeled? Is this correct? 

@wsuchmentions there are no LSALT overlays. I'm not familiar with that terminology, but am familiar with MVA charts - which I think is more applicable to ATC.

As far as Tracon!2012 goes, an MVA overlay is not available but obstacles (mountains, etc.) are modeled.

33 minutes ago, crbascott said:

@wsuchmentions there are no LSALT overlays. I'm not familiar with that terminology, but am familiar with MVA charts - which I think is more applicable to ATC.

As far as Tracon!2012 goes, an MVA overlay is not available but obstacles (mountains, etc.) are modeled.

Ah well an MVA would be handy, but if terrain obstacles are modeled then that's the answer I was looking for.

Thanks.

I gave tracon se its first real run tonight controlling both approach and departure at lax,  it was excellent fun and the voice recognition was outstanding,  i am also really enjoying tower 3d pro but still on ksan not ready yet for the bigger airports