The simFlight Network Forums

Trial and error (CTD P3Dv4.2) Chaseplane/FSUIPC

Hi Pete,

After an update to some cameras from Chaseplane i think i have a conflict with both FSUIPC and Chaseplane for P3Dv4.2. 

By trial and error i have reinstalled P3Dv4.2 Client ,Chaseplane and lastly i disabled FSUIPC (5.124) which solved the CTD and Chaseplane interface was back working.

I dont know how and why this happened so i tried out rolling back to 5.122 deleting everything in the module folder but with same result (CTD in the NGX counting down from the normal 20 seconds when it init the plane with 17 seconds to go.

I have provided the ini and log file here .

Any suggestions is very welcome :-)

Thanks

Michael Moe

FSUIPC5.ini

FSUIPC5.log

1 hour ago, MichaelMoe said:

By trial and error i have reinstalled P3Dv4.2 Client ,Chaseplane and lastly i disabled FSUIPC (5.124) which solved the CTD and Chaseplane interface was back working.

And have you done the test the other way around too, with Chaseplane disabled and FSUIPC running?

I see no way the two can interact. They have nothing to do with each other.

Judging by the Log file, the place at which the crash happens (presumably where the log stopped) more usually indicates a corrupt weather file -- a .WX file in the P3D4 Documents folder, or the WXstationlist.bin file in the same folder as your P3D CFG file (ProgramData).

You haven't supplied the details from the CTD. You'll find those in the Windows Event Viewer. The module and location within it are of significance and would be much more illuminating.

Pete

8 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

And have you done the test the other way around too, with Chaseplane disabled and FSUIPC running?

I see no way the two can interact. They have nothing to do with each other.

Judging by the Log file, the place at which the crash happens (presumably where the log stopped) more usually indicates a corrupt weather file -- a .WX file in the P3D4 Documents folder, or the WXstationlist.bin file in the same folder as your P3D CFG file (ProgramData).

You haven't supplied the details from the CTD. You'll find those in the Windows Event Viewer. The module and location within it are of significance and would be much more illuminating.

Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for your quick response,

No will do the other way around as well - Chaseplane also mentioned a corrupt installation some where 

I will look into the wx file but also want you to know that i can reproduce the CTD everytime i activate FSUIPC

Event-viewer did not give a "red alert" crashreport but i will report back what i find

Thanks alot

Michael Moe

I will look into the wx file but also want you to know that i can reproduce the CTD everytime i activate FSUIPC

I would definitely need the crash data from Windows then. And it may not be just one .wx file. Best try moving them all out of the Documents folder. You can delete wxstationlist.bin -- P3D will make a new one.

Event-viewer did not give a "red alert" crashreport but i will report back what i find

That's rather odd then ...

There is an INI file parameter to turn off all weather stuff in FSUIPC. You could set that to test too:

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

It goes in the [General] section.

Pete

8 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I would definitely need the crash data from Windows then. And it may not be just one .wx file. Best try moving them all out of the Documents folder. You can delete wxstationlist.bin -- P3D will make a new one.

That's rather odd then ...

There is an INI file parameter to turn off all weather stuff in FSUIPC. You could set that to test too:

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

It goes in the [General] section.

Pete

Hi Pete

You are brilliant - indeed it was one of your suggestions regarding the weather files. Now back to normal . 

Thanks alot

Michael Moe