The simFlight Network Forums

Majestic Dash 8: How to assign specific buttons

20 minutes ago, datguytho said:

just got FSUIPC5 and would like to know how I can assign buttons like the GA Button, TCS or the stopwatch of the clock. Is there any way to do this?

If there are no normal "controls" or keyboard shortcuts for those, you can use the FSUIPC "Mouse Macro" facility.  Please see the User Guide. Mouse Macros now work with ALL mouse sensitive switches and knobs on ALL aircraft -- thanks to facilities added in P3D4 which are now used in the current version of FSUIPC5.

Pete

Sorry, but is it confirmed that this also works with the Q400?

When I'm trying to set up a macro, the window will recognize every single switch in the cockpit with a different identifier, but also most of them with Mouse Action Number 10, even though its clearly a simple left click button. There are some Number 10 buttons, but only rarely. They work fine though.

Edit: The "TAB" Test doesnt work neither.

Edited by datguytho

Hi,

For the Q400 you should use the XML Interface via LUA code published by Majestic (the forum is down at the moment - so you have to wait until they are online again to search for details). That works perfectly. For some buttons you might assign them directly in the Q400.ini file (see 125Hz interface). I assume, you have the PRO version.

Rgds
Reinhard

29 minutes ago, datguytho said:

Sorry, but is it confirmed that this also works with the Q400?

When I'm trying to set up a macro, the window will recognize every single switch in the cockpit with a different identifier, but also most of them with Mouse Action Number 10, even though its clearly a simple left click button. There are some Number 10 buttons, but only rarely. They work fine though.

I don't have any add-on aircraft as such. The facility is P3D4's and is said to recognise every mouse sensitive rectangle.  Maybe those have t be registered with P3D and somehow that aircraft has its own mouse detection code and proccesses mouse clicks itself. I doubt that though. 

Mouse action 10 is "mouse move", not "click". I seriously doubt if any of the buttons act on a move. Try to keep the mouse steady, then click, so the click is detected on its own.

[LATER]

I see that Reinhard has come through with a more tailor-made solution for that specific aircraft.

Pete

Hi,

You could also check LINDA on AVSIM for the Q400. There you will see, how they connected the Q400 to buttons via these XML functions. It's a bit tricky, as you have to calculate some hash codes for their functions via a provided tool. Maybe this solution ist the best for you, if you are not experienced in LUA coding.

Rgds
Reinhard