The simFlight Network Forums

My Input About KLGA

B737max

Just downloaded KLGA, as always nice simulator to the developer, BUT as a Major Airline Pilot who flies to KLGA there are unrealistic scenarios, for example when we are using runway 31 for landing and 4 for departure, tower clears aircraft on 4 for take off as soon as the airplane reads back exit instructions and tower see's that the aircraft has slowed down and assures exit off of 31 otherwise you never get airborne with all the landing traffic, my point is when i give command for aircraft to exit taxiway J all the regionals refuse it due to lack of distance, realistically even B737-800 can exit J (have landed and exited J plenty of times) so and RJ not being able to exit J creates a lot of unnecessary delays for runway 4.

I notice the speed of deceleration is good enough for them to exit J taxiway as a matter of fact they pass J at what it seems like very slow speed and no excuse not to be able to take J high speed

if i clear an aircraft for TO and landing AC is still on the runway and about to exit T i get penalized i think the program should be able to see that if the aircraft is slow enough to exit T but still on the runway no penalties are given for TO clearance off of 4 

My suggestion would be to allow airplanes to exit J or some programming change where even on the runway but about to exit TO clearance does not penalized.  Off course you could say land 13 and TO 4 which work well but all scenarios should be able to work.

JUST A THOUGHT.

Thanks  

• Upvote 1

Good thoughts.

The slow taxiing/exiting has been discussed ad nauseam and is very prevalent at various airports -  KSFO being another obvious one. Landing distances have been discussed too - the problem now though if you adjust it for KLGA, everyone will exit at G when landing on 25R at KLAX.

Since development on Tower!3D Pro is complete, we'll have to wait for the next version to possibly see enhancements like you suggest.

But until then, we'll have to wait and see the "successfully landed" message before giving take-off clearance on crossing runways.

10 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Good thoughts.

The slow taxiing/exiting has been discussed ad nauseam and is very prevalent at various airports -  KSFO being another obvious one. Landing distances have been discussed too - the problem now though if you adjust it for KLGA, everyone will exit at G when landing on 25R at KLAX.

Since development on Tower!3D Pro is complete, we'll have to wait for the next version to possibly see enhancements like you suggest.

But until then, we'll have to wait and see the "successfully landed" message before giving take-off clearance on crossing runways.

Thanks for clarification looking forward to future updates👍

Another anomaly, taking off rwy 13 landing 22 i clear aircraft for take off on 13 and as the plane passes L high speed and aircraft lands on 22 and cross 13 i get penalized 500 points.  it does not make any sense there is no way that can be considered a incursion, please look into that as well.  thanks 😱