The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle Quadrants go crazy

Need help, Was having an issue with Saitek Switch Panel not working prepoerly (switches on and show off in FSX) I read somewhere on a forum that someone re-installed FSX and everything was normal afterwards. Well, that was a big mistake.  Anyway after re-installing FSX and FSUIPC thats when all my problems started. I finally configuyred all the buttons and switches. The main issue I am having now are the throttle quadrants (Saitek) BTW flying the Baron Beach B-58, the throttles are not responding equally. I tried just about everything in FSX calibration and also using FSUIPC. I did notice that in FSUIPC the last time I setup the engines 1 and 2 it showed numbers of -16380 and 16380 and now it only shows -7040 and 7040 for both engines. Any help would be much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Andre Pizzardi said:

I did notice that in FSUIPC the last time I setup the engines 1 and 2 it showed numbers of -16380 and 16380 and now it only shows -7040 and 7040 for both engines.

-16380 to +16380 is what you get AFTER proper calibration. The raw figures beforehand don't matter so much as long as they are consistent and smooth. I've often seen an input range of -7040 to 7040.

Make sure that if there is a Windows game controller calibration available that this is done first, though it isn't really necessary. you can access that by asking FSX for calibration.

BTW I would doubt that reinstalling FSX completely would ever help problems with one device, like your switch panel. And there's rarely a need to destroy your FSUIPC settings in reinstalling FSx. When you uninstall it to reinstall it, FSUIPC's settings are lleft intact unless you actually deleted the Modules folder!

Pete

7 hours ago, Andre Pizzardi said:

Still working on it because I can only get 70% throttle.

Sounds like bad calibration. FSUIPC calibration spreads ANY input range from -16380 to +16380. Please just follow the numbered steps in the User Guide for good calibration. The maximum position calibrated is guaranteed to give 16380, which is max thrust.

Pete

OK, succeeded in calibrating the throttles. Now what I would like to do is assign a button on the Saitek Yoke to respond to ATC in FSX. Instead of having to press 1 on the keyboard. I did go into FSX op[tions and select Pro Flight Yoke and assign the button to "Selecxt 1" but it just doesn't respond. Did I  forget to do something else. Tks again for your help

8 hours ago, Andre Pizzardi said:

Now what I would like to do is assign a button on the Saitek Yoke to respond to ATC in FSX. Instead of having to press 1 on the keyboard. I did go into FSX op[tions and select Pro Flight Yoke and assign the button to "Selecxt 1" but it just doesn't respond.

That's really a question about FSX, not FSUIPC.  But "Select 1" is not keyboard 1, it is the control used after, for example, pressing 'E' to select Engine 1, or after shift+E for Exit 1, and so on. Keyboard 1 is just key 1.

There are only Select 1 to Select 4 because only 4 are ever used (4 Engines, 4 Exits, for example).

Pete

Hi Pete, just thought I would let you know. Ther is a way in FSUIPC to program the numberic 1.

Go to "Buttons and Switches" then press the button you want to progtam (in my case on the Yoke). Check mark the "select for key press" then "press the key to be sent when you press this button", press Set then OK and you're all done.

Simple as that, lol