The simFlight Network Forums

Starter1 and Starter2

Hi,
I have a very strange problem. I made an update from Prepard3d to the latest version, 4.3
Fsuipc did not change, it maintained the same settings.
The fact is that only the Starter1 and Starter2 functions are no longer working.
It is configured with the correct button, but when I press the start button, for example, nothing happens. If I change the function and use the same button, it works. Start1 and 2 functions are no longer working on airplanes.
What could be happening?
thank you so much
Version of FSUIPC, the last one installed.

8 hours ago, marcelo meirelles said:

I have a very strange problem. I made an update from Prepard3d to the latest version, 4.3
Fsuipc did not change, it maintained the same settings.
The fact is that only the Starter1 and Starter2 functions are no longer working.
It is configured with the correct button, but when I press the start button, for example, nothing happens. If I change the function and use the same button, it works. Start1 and 2 functions are no longer working on airplanes.
What could be happening?

If this came about with only the update from P3D 4.2 to version 4.3 then it can only be one of two things:

1. A new bug in P3D4.3 -- report this on the P3D support site.
2. An incompatibility between the add-on aircraft you are using and P3D4.3 which wasn't there in 4.2 -- contact the add-on aircraft maker.

Of course, before anything, test with a default aircraft and with both P3d assignment and mouse action.

8 hours ago, marcelo meirelles said:

Version of FSUIPC, the last one installed.

That's not informative is it now? How am I to guess which one you installed last? I only support the current version in any case, which is 5.132.

Pete

Yes, the latest version 5.132.
Not a problem in P3d, I'm sure of that. The fact is that I have 2 Mjoy cards, where windows assigns the same name to the 2 cards. Appears in the INI file.
The fact is that all functions are normal, working. Except the function Starter1 and starter 2. I've already tried assigning this function on other hardware that I have, and it does not work either. The Starter 1 function, for example, works on any airplane. From the Cessna to the Boieng 777 for example.
I do not know why FSUIP is not sending this function to the plane. Try to create a macro to try to solve, but I could not.

2 hours ago, marcelo meirelles said:

The fact is that all functions are normal, working. Except the function Starter1 and starter 2. I've already tried assigning this function on other hardware that I have, and it does not work either. The Starter 1 function, for example, works on any airplane. From the Cessna to the Boieng 777 for example.
I do not know why FSUIP is not sending this function to the plane.

What are these "functions" Can you give the actual name of whatever it is you are assigning to? The controls with the word STARTER in are:

JET STARTER
TOGGLE STARTER1
TOGGLE STARTER2
TOGGLE STARTER3
TOGGLE STARTER4
TOGGLE ALL STARTERS
TOGGLE MASTER STARTER SWITCH

Now, I've no idea wat they all do, nor if they all actualy do anything. FSUIPC just allows you to assign to them as you wish. Those that are also assignable in P3D would be the same, or more likely a subset (FSUIPC exposes the whole internal list, using the internal KEY EVENT names, but the assignments dialogues try to use a more user friendly name.

There's really no way FSUIPC is not sending what ever you assign on to the Sim -- note, NOT to the plane specifically. All controls, or events, go to the main simulation engine, no matter what add-ons you use. Some addons may intercept these, though.

To prove to yourself that FSUIPC is sending whatever you assign, just enable the Event logging (FSUIPC Options, logging tab). that logs all events it sees.-- the FSUIPC5LOG is in the Modules folder.

I seem to remember I used to use JET STARTER with parameters 1 - 4 for the engine number, but that was a long long time ago. Maybe you are using TOGGLE STARTER1 and TOGGLE_STARTER2.

Pete

17 minutes ago, marcelo meirelles said:

I've always used the functions. Starter 1 and Starter 2, (exactly with that name) in FSUIPC.

Where did you see such names? FSUIPC merely lists the names as provided by the Sim, plus those added for FSUIPC additions — the latter are listed towards the end of the Advanced Guide, and the former in the List of Controls provided in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

Pete

hehehe - It's very strange you're the owner of the FSUIPC Program asking me where I saw it. hehehehe
When I click the button I want it to fire engine 1, it opens the entire list of FSUIPC commands. "Starter 1" and "Starter 2" is one of them, that's it!
The fact is that it is not working.

12 hours ago, marcelo meirelles said:

When I click the button I want it to fire engine 1, it opens the entire list of FSUIPC commands. "Starter 1" and "Starter 2" is one of them, that's it!

Just "clicking a button" does NOT open an "entire list of FSUIPC commands".

Do you perhaps mean "Starter1 set" and "Starter2 set", which appear to be new in P3D4 (which is why they are not in the PDF List of FSX and P3D controls", but in the Live List TXT file actually produce by reading the ccontrols list from P3D).

You seem to think these things you call "FSUIPC commands" are something to do with me! they are not.  FSUIPC is merely presenting you with the list of controls (also known as "events") you can ask FSUIPC to send to the Sim when you press a button or key.  I donm't keep tabs onwhat L-M do, with them. And I mosdt certainly wouldn't expect them to wor with all add-on aircraft (PMDG for instance do their own thing quite a lot).

If you do mean the "...Set" controls, then, as with all "Set" type controls, you need to provide a parameter so it knows what to do with the Starter switch.  That value might depend on the starter type that parameter is sending to.

So what are you actually assigning to and what parameters have you chosen to test with?

You said earlier that you thought FSUIPC was not sending the control to the Sim. On what basis do you say that? FSUIPC has no choice what to do with assigned controls. It sends whatever you assign. Whether anything then happens depends on the Sim and the addon.

You also said

On 6/29/2018 at 3:21 PM, marcelo meirelles said:

The Starter 1 function, for example, works on any airplane. From the Cessna to the Boieng 777 for example.

so where did you assign it for those, and what parameter was associated with it?

Pete

Pete,
I'm sorry when I told you that you were the owner of fsuipc, it was just a joke. hehehh
Let me try to explain. Exactly the functions "Starter1 set" and "Starter2 set", as you said.
Before doing an update for P3dv4.3, In version 4.1, these functions were working on the airplane to rotate engines 1 and 2. (as my home cockpit is generic, I fly several aircraft, so these functions started any plane)
I assign a button from my Overhead that is called Start1 to the Starter 1 set command of Fsuipc. This function caused the engine to start spinning. Then I assigned the FSUIPC Mixture 1 Rich function to end the engine start.
I honestly never changed the "parameter" you said. I always left the zero, which is the parameter that has already been set.
For this Starter 1set and Starter 2 set function to work do I need to change the parameters? Which ones should I put in order for it to work again?

Previously you gave me some functions to connect the motors:
JET STARTER
TOGGLE STARTER1
TOGGLE STARTER2
TOGGLE STARTER3
TOGGLE STARTER4
TOGGLE ALL STARTERS
TOGGLE MASTER STARTER SWITCH

But I like trying to simulate something closer to the real one, where I spin the engines first and then put the mixture 1 rich. These functions that you gave me, for example: TOGGLE STARTER1 / TOGGLE STARTER2 make the engines turn perfectly, but then if I try to use the rich mixture, I can not finish starting the engine. it just keeps spinning.
The ideal for me is that the starter1set and starter2set functions will work.

10 minutes ago, marcelo meirelles said:

Then I assigned the FSUIPC Mixture 1 Rich function to end the engine start.
I honestly never changed the "parameter" you said. I always left the zero, which is the parameter that has already been set.
For this Starter 1set and Starter 2 set function to work do I need to change the parameters? Which ones should I put in order for it to work again?

Normally a SET event for on/off switches would have parameter 0 for off and 1 for on. But starter switches on some aircraft, for instance a Piper or Cessna, have several positions -- Off, L, R, Both, Start, where the L, R and both refer to the Magnetos. for such a switch the parameters might be 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, with 4, in this case to start. I think the jet starter was always different, with the Magneto selection on a different switch.

Really, i don't understand how it used to work for you with 0 as the parameter. I certainly haven't changed anything, so perhaps its a change (a correction even) in P3D since 4.1.

Note that once a switch is set in a position it nomally stays there till changed. the start position I mentioned for the Piper or Cessna would be spring loaded, so you used to have "repeat whilst held" set to keep things spinning till they started. I don't really know about other types or how P3D behaves.

17 minutes ago, marcelo meirelles said:

These functions that you gave me, for example: TOGGLE STARTER1 / TOGGLE STARTER2 make the engines turn perfectly, but then if I try to use the rich mixture, I can not finish starting the engine. it just keeps spinning.

You'd probably need to send Toggle Starter both when Pressing the button, then the same again when releasing it, and so just keep it pressed till it starts. That would be similar to the method I just mentioned.

If you give me a specific example with a default aircraft I could try things here, to see what it does. Sorry that i really do not know all the functions of P3D intimately. I have to know enough in details for my own cockpit, but that uses ProSim737 for the cockpit. For everything else I simply provide an interface for folks to use. That's what FSUIPC is -- an interface.

Pete

I just tried it on the default Maule.

Though the starter switch graphic has more that the two positions, the control START1 SET with 1 starts the prop spinning, whilst 0 stops the starter -- so, assign Press with Parameter 1 for the start, and assign the same but with 0 for the release. Whilst keeping pressed set mixture full rich (if not already set), and when it has started, release the button for the starter.

I think that replicates reasonably what would happen in reality, especially if that switch is spring loaded.

I really don't know why you got it to work with parameter 0 in P3d4.1. As i said, maybe it is something they fixed?

Pete

Pete,
IT WORKED!! parameter 1 - perfect
I'm testing on jets, which I always use.
The engine turns until I use the mixture 1 rich. Engine running and ready. To turn it off, before ey put mixture 1 lean and it turned off, but now it keeps turning the engine, as if starter1set was still acting. How do I turn off the starter1set? So I can solve the whole problem of switching on and off. To connect is already ok with parameter 1