The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse Macro Problem

Hi Pete

I'm glad that the ability to create mouse macros is back in the latest version of FSUIPC, finally I can re assign functions to must of the switches in my self made Boeing 737 Overhead Panel,

In previous versions of P3D I had everything running just right but after V4 came out I have been waiting for the Mouse Macro feture which I really liked,

I'm running P3DV4.0 in a windows 10 Computer and the latest version of FSUIUPC but Im having problems with the PMDG 737 and the Majestic Q400, this are the only Aircraft I tried so I dont know if the problem is with the Aircraft or FSUIPC or Im not doing something right this is whats happening:

1-I create a mouse macro for a particular function,

2-I go to End Macro making,

3-I go to Buttons and Switches / select Profile specific /Press the switch I want to assign the function to / from the drop down menu that lists the Macros I select the Macro I created and select OK

4-I Go back to the Sim press the button and is working perfectlly for as long as I dont exit the sim

5-if I exit the sim and then I load the same aircraft again when I press that same button either nothing happends or something else completely different happends

If I go back to FSUIPC Buttons and switches profile specific and press the button it indicates that the Macro I created is still assigned to it yet its not doing what I originally assigned

What do you think is happening, Let me know, thankyou kindly.

Jose

On 8/15/2018 at 3:26 AM, Jose Ocampo said:

4-I Go back to the Sim press the button and is working perfectlly for as long as I dont exit the sim

5-if I exit the sim and then I load the same aircraft again when I press that same button either nothing happends or something else completely different happends

If I go back to FSUIPC Buttons and switches profile specific and press the button it indicates that the Macro I created is still assigned to it yet its not doing what I originally assigned

What do you think is happening

Hmm. That is indeed very strange. That sounds as if  the "rectangle numbers" are changing, being assigned at load time not defined in the panel definitions. I don't have those aircraft so I can't test specifically, and I don't seem to have such a problem with default aircraft.

If that is happening, it is a serious deficiency in the facilities L-M provided. Can you test this for me before I report it to them?  Do this by:

1. Start creation of a macro file with a new name (say "test1"). Choose one of the switches on which this definitely happens, and make a macro for it. Then end macro making.

2. Close the sim down and start it again.

3. Start creation of a macro file with another new name (say "test2"). Choose the SAME switch, and make a macro for it. Then end macro making.

4. Show me, or attach for me, both macro files. They are plain text inside, so you could simply paste the couple of lines from each here. If they are different, that would explain what is happening and be grounds for me to ask L-M what is going on.

Thanks,
Pete

On 8/15/2018 at 3:26 AM, Jose Ocampo said:

I'm running P3DV4.0 in a windows 10 Computer and the latest version of FSUIUPC

My son John has just pointed this part out to me.

You MUST use P3D4.1 or later to run the latest version of FSUIPC! You should really be using P3D4.2 or later (4.3 is current), as I'm not sure what state the underlying P3D facilities were like in 4.1 even.

Pete

Hallo Pete, I have P3dv4.3 and i have same isue with new Airbus Pro. I made a Makros like always, made whole flight with no problem, and on the second flight after restart the buttons are not working anymore or working wrong (turning on and off other things).

3 hours ago, Sprajcik said:

Hallo Pete, I have P3dv4.3 and i have same isue with new Airbus Pro. I made a Makros like always, made whole flight with no problem, and on the second flight after restart the buttons are not working anymore or working wrong (turning on and off other things).

I am still awaiting information on this from the first person who posted several days ago, so I've not been able to do anything about it yet. Can you do the same checks and supply the information, please? Otherwise we shall get nowhere!

Pete

Hi Pete

Sorry for the delay, I have not have a chance to try what you are sugesting because I'm currently out of town away from my sim and won't be back home till Wednesday Very late and there is a big chance I will live again the same day so I might not have the time to get to it.

For what I can read above Sprajcik is having the same issue with P3D4.3 so at least we know it also happens in versions newer than P3dV4, if Sprajick could help us out doing the macro testing you sugested it could save us allot of time but if not I will be happy to do it when I can get to it.

For some reason I'm thinking that the add on makers are adding something that causes changing rectangle numbers in order to prevent people from making training level Simulator setups using their model but I maight be wrong it could be a problem on the P3d end.

Thanks Pete

Jose

So here You are:

Same Fuktion, Same button, two diferent Makros after restart:

Makro A

7=radaroff=RX1013f,1
8=radaron=RX1013f,3

1=AP1on=RX10005,3

3=rwyon=RX10092,3
4=rwyoff=RX10092,1

Makro B

1=RDR ON=RX1013b,3
2=RDR OFF=RX1013b,1

6=AP1 on=RX10004,3

7=RWY lights on=RX1008e,3
8=RWY lights off=RX1008e,1

Edited by Sprajcik

13 hours ago, Sprajcik said:

Same Fuktion, Same button, two diferent Makros after restart:

Makro A

7=radaroff=RX1013f,1
8=radaron=RX1013f,3

1=AP1on=RX10005,3

3=rwyon=RX10092,3
4=rwyoff=RX10092,1

Makro B

1=RDR ON=RX1013b,3
2=RDR OFF=RX1013b,1

6=AP1 on=RX10004,3

7=RWY lights on=RX1008e,3
8=RWY lights off=RX1008e,1

Thanks. This is the evidence I need to get L-M to look at it. Is this with the Airosogy Airbus Pro? Can you be very specific please -- L-M always ask how they can reproduce the issue.

Pete

I done more tests and the same problem applies to default aircraft as well!

This is a disastrous result for the Mouse Macro facility in FSUIPC5, so it will be disabled. I'll be tring to get L-M to do something about it, because otherwise there's little point in the facilities they provided!

The next release of FSUIPC5 (5.141) will have the "start" button disabled. I am retaining all the code in the hope it will be fixed by L-M.

[LATER]

On further testing I seem to see that the macro values (rectangle numbers) do remain the same, but only if the aircraft concerned is the first one loaded each time. Either that, or the same sequence of aircraft loads before hand (not sure about this latter point though).

Either way, I do have L-M involved now. Even if they fix it, it won't be immediate. it would be in the next main update I think (4.4 or whatever), so probably months away.

Pete

Yes it was Airbus A3xx PRO from Aerosoft, but i see it doesn't matter anymore. I made a B Makro and one day after i started P3dv4 as always first F22 and than Switch to Airbus but all Makros are still working (the B ones). I Need to test what if i Change the liveries...

5 hours ago, Sprajcik said:

Yes it was Airbus A3xx PRO from Aerosoft, but i see it doesn't matter anymore. I made a B Makro and one day after i started P3dv4 as always first F22 and than Switch to Airbus but all Makros are still working (the B ones).

Strange. So were the "A" macros made after a different sequnce of aircraft being loaded? That appears to be what I see here. If it always do the same thing, the macros stay valid.

I'm still awaiting L-M's comment on this, but I think I will still disable the "Create Mouse Macro" buttons for now, but with an INI option to enable them, and put a warning in the release notice.

Pete

• 1 month later...