The simFlight Network Forums

Tutorial for Capturing Control Codes

SUPPORT QUESTION MOVED OUT OF USER CONTRIBUTIONS SUBFORUM
so it can receive attention!

I almost hate to ask this question, but I've searched the forum, and spent several hours trying to do this, with no luck.

Does anyone know of a tutorial that explains how to use FSUIPC logging to capture the control codes associated with specific buttons and knobs in an aircraft?  For example, I'd like to know, if possible, the control code for the LNAV switch in the Captain Sim 757, or the ND range knob in he QW787.

Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, silentsage said:

Does anyone know of a tutorial that explains how to use FSUIPC logging to capture the control codes associated with specific buttons and knobs in an aircraft?

FSUIPC Logging Tab, enable Event logging. Operate the switches and look in the Log to see what it did, if anything.

Note that some add-on aircraft won't use standard Flight Sim control codes. Folks then resort to either Mouse Macros or L:Var access, whichever works for that aircraft. 

But try seeing if standard controls are being used.

Of course, if the add-on aircraft authors have kindly provided keyboard shortcuts for them, you can assign joystick buttons to those instead.

BTW please always post support questions to the Support Forum (i.e. here). Also, for specific aircraft you might find you get answers from folks who know the answers if you mention the aircraft in the subject title. Also mention which Fight Sim as it will likely be different between them.

Pete