The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5 screen location

Hello

Thank you for a GREAT program.  I could not have setup my pit without it! 

I have been running FSUIPC for many years and I'm now using FSIUPC5 with P3Dv4 in my home cockpit with great success.  The picture below shows my pit from a slightly higher viewpoint than my actual view.  When FSUIPC opens it appears in the middle of my screen and is blocked by the top of my windshield frame.  That may not sound like a big deal but when you reach my age scrunching down to see the window, especially when setting up new planes or just making changes, it is uncomfortable.  I have to grab the popup and drag it to the bottom of the screen for viewing each time. 

Ideally I would like it to open at the bottom of the screen in the center.  I have moved some 2D popup's in FSX and P3D to a preferred location but I can't find a way to relocate FSUIPC5.  Is this something that I can change to save my old back?

Thank you again for this program

Ed

Raceguy

Ydv3RZv.jpg

8 hours ago, Raceguy said:

When FSUIPC opens it appears in the middle of my screen and is blocked by the top of my windshield frame.  That may not sound like a big deal but when you reach my age scrunching down to see the window, especially when setting up new planes or just making changes, it is uncomfortable.  I have to grab the popup and drag it to the bottom of the screen for viewing each time. 

I think most sim pop-up screens appear centralised.

Ideally I would like it to open at the bottom of the screen in the center.  I have moved some 2D popup's in FSX and P3D to a preferred location

How do you keep them from going back next time?

Is this something that I can change to save my old back?

I don't think so, at least not at the moment. I can make a note to look into it though. If I did it it would be for FSUIPC5 (in P3D4) only, as that's the only 

This is the first time in the 20 years of FSUIPC that anyone has asked such a question!

Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for the reply.  The 2D panels in the A2A planes open off to the left side of the screen which is also blocked by my frame.  Using information I found in the SDK I opened Panel.cfg with Notepad++ and changed the window positions so they open more central and in the same place each time.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:11 PM, Pete Dowson said:

This is the first time in the 20 years of FSUIPC that anyone has asked such a question!

Well, my wife has said many times that I can take something simple and make it complicated.  I appreciate your looking into the change but if that is a change you don't want to make I understand.

Thanks again for a great program!

Take care

Ed

Edited by Raceguy