The simFlight Network Forums

Crashing with AI traffic

Hi

I'm having trouble crashing into AI traffic at airports. I've been given some advice about using the Traffic Zapper in FSUIPC, and there are times when it works, but then it stops, and it seems to loose its setting in FSUIPC. Its a great function when it does work, but fsuipc seems to forget the setting after using the 'del' button once or twice (not always the same amount of times). I have the setting here.

Can you let me know if I've done something wrong? When it works, unfortunately not very often, it's brilliant. 

Thanks, Gaz 

To further give some insight..
When it does stop working, go to the FSUIPC dialog, "Key Presses" tab then click the "Reload All Keys" button.
Does it come back? If so, most likely something for Pete. ( it happens very rarely to me in FSX, I don't mind, the reload fixes it )
If not, then a possibility is that something (other program or service) is hammering simconnect, rejecting your FSUIPC command. 

In FSUIPC Logging, use the option to log buttons and keys. See if the keypress is detected and how it is interpreted. 

FSUIPC doesn't forget assignments, but something else may be taking over the DEL key --  you could try a different keypress or even a buttom.

The other thing, don't forfet the traffic deletion only works for an aI aircraft withing a certainly difstance and a narrow angle from your own aircraft's heading (or, rather, where the nose is pointing).

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 2:57 PM, Pete Dowson said:

The other thing, don't forfet the traffic deletion only works for an aI aircraft withing a certainly difstance and a narrow angle from your own aircraft's heading (or, rather, where the nose is pointing).

Hi Pete

Thank you for getting back to me about this, and I apologise for not getting back to you sooner - I have not been well enough to use P3D.

I have a question regarding your comment above; if there is an AI aircraft close to me while I'm being pushed back, it will likely to not delete the AI aircraft because of the angle?

Thanks, Gaz

5 hours ago, garymccl said:

if there is an AI aircraft close to me while I'm being pushed back, it will likely to not delete the AI aircraft because of the angle?

The angles and distances are clearly defined, and indeed changeable, within limits, by parameters in the [General] section of the INI file, and explained in the Advanced User's guide -- early on, in fact. Just search for "zap". As it also explains there, you can have a parameter to the Zap control which will select a wider angle. But it must still be in front of you. And the "target" is the defined centre of the aircraft, which is normally somewhere under the wing line in the centre longitudinally.

So, unless you opt to use cylindrical deletion, also described there, it is most unlikely you will have an AI aircraft "ZAPpable" next to you and certainly not behind you. You may instead delete one the other side of the terminal in fromnt of you!

Pete