The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle Problems

Good morning. I am having a lot of trouble setting up my PMDG 737 NGX throttles in P3D V4. I am using registered FSUIPC5. I have just upgraded my PC but was having the same problems with my previous PC. I use the Goflight TQ6 advanced throttle quadrant and have not downloaded the Goflight configuration files. The controllers are disabled in the sim.  I have calibrated the TQ6 in the sim and also via Windows.  I can actually get the throttles set up using the direct or the send to calibration options. The problem occurs when I go back in to the sim, as soon as I touch the throttles they go to maximum and stay there. They will move back to idle with the F1 key, but go back to full as soon as I release the key. In order to fly I have the reset the throttles each time. I have deleted the .ini file and let it rebuild.  I am obviously doing something wrong and would appreciate any suggestions to help here.

The .ini file is attached.

Thank you.

Martin

FSUIPC5.ini

1 hour ago, Bigmarty said:

I can actually get the throttles set up using the direct or the send to calibration options. The problem occurs when I go back in to the sim, as soon as I touch the throttles they go to maximum and stay there. They will move back to idle with the F1 key, but go back to full as soon as I release the key. In order to fly I have the reset the throttles each time. I have deleted the .ini file and let it rebuild.  I am obviously doing something wrong and would appreciate any suggestions to help here.

Well, you've assigned "direct to calibration", but they haven't actually done any proper calibration. for Throttel1 you have this calibration:

Throttle1=-16383,-16383,-16383,16383/32

which is really the default for a no-reverse-zne throttle. Follow the steps to proper calibration in the chapter on this in the user guide.

You have no calibration for Throttle2.

You may also need to check the "REV" option. some throttle levers have max towards you instead of away. Check that. Full forward should be showing something over 16,000. If it goes negative when pushing away from you, you need "REV".

You do also have axies assigned for one specific 73:

[Profile.737 Oct 2018]
1=Boeing 737-8CTNGX WestJet Winglets

For that one aircraft you seem to have assigned your throttles to the FS axis controls.  But no specific calibrations, so the generic calibrations apply and so my earlier comments on that also apply.

Pete

Thank you for your prompt response. The ini file I attached just reflects my most recent effort get the throttles to work and is not a good example of the ongoing issue. When I open the sim and find that the throttles are not working properly, I go to the FSUIPC setup page and try different things to get them to work which is what is shown in the ini file submitted. I have tried to set up the throttle quadrant following the setup instructions at least 15 - 20 times without permanent success.  I also tried deleting the FSUIPC throttle settings and set them up in the sim but still had the same problem.   I dont know if this makes any sense, but I will uninstall FSUIPC and reinstall it and try setting up the controls again, following the instructions in the user guide. I will let you know how this works out.

Thanks again

Martin

OK, I deleted all the FSUIPC files, reinstalled and set up all the controls again. I have been in and out of the sim several times and the settings seem to be holding, so whatever the conflict was seems to have corrected inself.

Appreciate your help.

Martin

I am sorry to report that I still have the same problem. I fired up the sim this morning and checked the throttles and other controls and everything seemed to be fine. I got the aircraft set up for flight - flightplan, all the other FMC settings, Goflight MCP Pro, VA Interface, and then the throttles go to maximum thrust as soon as touched and stay there.

I have attached the ini file which was created after deleting the FSUIPC  files and reinstalling, and after resetting all the controls under the new FSUIPC installation.

Could you please have a look and see if you can figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thank you.

Martin

FSUIPC5.ini

18 hours ago, Bigmarty said:

I am sorry to report that I still have the same problem. I fired up the sim this morning and checked the throttles and other controls and everything seemed to be fine. I got the aircraft set up for flight - flightplan, all the other FMC settings, Goflight MCP Pro, VA Interface, and then the throttles go to maximum thrust as soon as touched and stay there.

So, what's different from Friday?

REally, that symptom is definitely indicative of a hardware problem with the throttle(s) themselves. It could just possibly be a conflict with something else affecting throttles -- you would need to Log axes and see what the axis inputs to the Si, look like. Logging Tab, axis events. Also log other events in case it is interference from another control altogether.

Lookng at the INI file I see that FSUIPC is not actually involved in the Throttles. the assignments are to the same controls as if assigned in the Sim, and they are not calibrated at all. So FSUIPC is actually doing nothing different to P3D.

Pete