The simFlight Network Forums

FS Window for checking LG offsets in Prosim

Hi Pete,

Since 2 weeks I am having an issue with my Landing Gear : when pushing the LG lever down I am hear the gear dropping and the sound of the turbulence.

However, I am only getting 3 red lights and at approach the LG warning  sound. When putting ProsimPanel onscreen I also see the lever down and 3 red lights.

The hardware is the CpFlight MipBoard.

Humberto asked me to check what offsets are used when pushing the gear handle down and advised me to use the Fs Window to FSUIPC offsets onscreen in order to check what offset is being used with Gear Down.

I have never done this so can you advise me how to do this ?

Thanks and best regards,

Gerard

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Humberto asked me to check what offsets are used when pushing the gear handle down and advised me to use the Fs Window to FSUIPC offsets onscreen in order to check what offset is being used with Gear Down.

I have never done this so can you advise me how to do this ?

Well, it would probably have been quicker to refer to the documentation supplied than posting here. But, still, here goes:

Offsets are listed in the Offsets Status document installed in your FSUIPC Documents folder.  Searching that quickly finds the following (after a few other references to other "gear"):

0BE8 4 Gear control: 0=Up, 16383=Down
0BEC 4 Gear position (nose): 0=full up, 1 6383=full down
0BF0 4 Gear position (right): 0=full up, 1 6383=full down
0BF4 4 Gear position (left): 0=full up, 16383=full down

where the '4' is the number of bytes. So they are 32-bit (4 x 8 ) integers, or type "U32" (unsigned 32-bit).

In the Logging tab in FSUIPC options, right-hand side, you can see monitoring values by offset. You will use all 4 entries, with the above offsets and all of type U32. (This Logging facility IS described in the FSUIPC User Guide which you can also find in the FSUIPC Documents folder).

Below the table of 4 there are options. I would recommend both normal logging and FS Window options checked. Then you have a record of the offsets changing in the LOG file, as well as being able to watch them on screen.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Since 12 days I am having this  Landing Gear issue with Prosimand it has not been solved up to know. Humberto and Martin also do not know what is going on.

Since a W10 and P3Dv4.3 reinstall 6 weeks ago everything was working fine and for weeks I have made very nice flights.

Then from 4th november up to now I am having a landing gear issue with my Prosim aircraft.

At approach lever down , the gear extracts but I am getting 3 red lights and the warning horn.

Prosim support has tried to help me :

- un-and reinstall the aircraft model

- un- and reinstall FSUIPC

- disabled all addons

- tried earlier Prosim versions ( clean install )

The default aircraft do not have this issue. Using the FSUIPC LG offsets in the Fs Window I can see that the gear down command is being sent/received by P3D.

The only thing I remarked :

Gear up = 0 / Nose gear up = 0 / Left gear up = 0 / Right gear up = 0

Gear down on the ground. = all 4 offsets : 16383. But when  extracting the gear while flying the Gear Down offset goes to 16383 but the nose/legt/right offsets  to 16381, so not 16383.

As Prosim receives the gear down command from my hardware and sents the command towards P3Dv4 and FSUIPC , Prosim support think that there is something wrong with P3Dv4. But my default planes do not have the issue.

As I am running out of options do the 3x 16381 values point to an issue ?

Thanks,

Gerard

10 hours ago, GSalden said:

As I am running out of options do the 3x 16381 values point to an issue ?

I don't think so. Do they read 16381 or 16383 with default aircraft?

Can you show me the FSUIPC log showing the monitored values, please? The original SimConnect value will also be logged, which would show whether FSUIPC was acting correctly. FSUIPC converts a "percant" value as supplied by SimConnect (actually a fractional  value between 0 and 1) to the range 0 to 16383, to make it common with FS9 and before, which always used a 0-16383 system for percentages.

Does Humberto say that the reason for the 3 reds is that the values are not 16383?

I'll check here to see what I get, but there's been no such problem with ProSim for me (though at present I'm still on 2.08).

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I'll check here to see what I get, but there's been no such problem with ProSim for me (though at present I'm still on 2.08).

Testing without Prosim running (i'm on my development PC -- won't be able to test in the cockpit till Monday), but using the Prosim 738, when lowering the gear, whilst the gear handle position goes from 0 to 16383 instantly, the three separate position readouts change,as the gear drops, to 16383 also.

I therefore do tend to think that the 16381 values you get indicate that the gear is not fully down and locked. Checking the log and seeing the actual SimConnect values would confirm that. The log entries should end up showing something like this (for the three values):

3015640 Monitor IPC:0BF0 (S32) = 16383
  3015640 SimRead: 0BF0="GEAR RIGHT POSITION"
            FLT64: 100.000015922

The fractional .000015922 should be ignored I think -- a quirk of whatever computations take place in P3D.

This is with P3D4, but on Win7, not Win10 (though I don't see how it's anything to do with anything in Windows).

Pete

Finally I managed to get it back to work as it should:

1 deleted the p3d.cfg file

2 deleted the Saved flight

Now the values go up till 16383 instead of 16381 like before.

Watching the offsets values onscreen helped a lot. 

Many thanks Pete !

BTW : a little off topic . My 2080Ti card  performs the same as my former 2x 1080Ti card. But less power consumption and no more SLI staying in Idle mode too long when entering heavy scenery....

43 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Finally I managed to get it back to work as it should:

1 deleted the p3d.cfg file

2 deleted the Saved flight

Now the values go up till 16383 instead of 16381 like before.

Weird that they didn't before! I wonder what was doing that?

44 minutes ago, GSalden said:

My 2080Ti card  performs the same as my former 2x 1080Ti card. But less power consumption and no more SLI staying in Idle mode too long when entering heavy scenery..

Oh, so the 2080 upgrade was worthwhile then? I'm reserving judgement.  My 1080Ti's are never getting over 40% usage -- my limit is the 100% core 0 (or whichever I allow first) usage. I need a 6GHz processor!

Pete