The simFlight Network Forums

how simulating touch keyboard pressing/releasing from offset

Hello,

Am trying to use mobiflight software with Ardouino but it is not possible to simulate keyboard pressing/releasing.

My idea is to use free offset to send 0 or 1 and FSUIPC simulating keyboard pressing/releasing  from  specified offset

Is that a good solution ? How ?

Regards

1 hour ago, samir_robot said:

Am trying to use mobiflight software with Ardouino but it is not possible to simulate keyboard pressing/releasing.

If you can use offsets then it is possible, of course. 

There are three controls built into FSUIPC to allow keypresses to be sent to FS. Here, from the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide:

1070 Key Press and Release (param is Keycode + 256*Shift code, or JsBk)
1071 Key Press/Hold (param is Keycode + 256*Shift code, or JsBk)
1072 Key Release (param is Keycode + 256*Shift code, or JsBk)

And in the Offsets Status document you'll find details of offset 3110 (8 bytes(. There you send the parameter to offset 3114 (4 bytes or 32 bits), and then the control number, 1070 or whatever, to offset 3110.

1 hour ago, samir_robot said:

My idea is to use free offset to send 0 or 1 and FSUIPC simulating keyboard pressing/releasing  from  specified offset

You can do that, but then you need a program, or a Lua plug-in, to read that user offset and send the keypress. Easy enough, but the above is better if you can send more than just 0 and 1.

Another way is to use the "virtual button" facilities, offsets 3340 and following. Just toggle one bit in any of those bytes then program key keypress for that button in FSUIPC. Virtual buttons are programmable just like real ones. This way you only need to write the one byte, 0 or 1 (alternately so that the button press or release is seen. You'd program press and release separately).

Pete

Thanks alot for your informations

My problem is that am using vpilot of vatsim and can't find how sending de button Right Control  ? whats the value to do that ?

Is there controls to send to Vpilot to send Push to Talk ? and stop Push To Talk ?

Thats my problem, can find how can I transfer my real button interfaced to mobiflignt and use it ton send Right CTRL button too computer. this will be captured by vpilot

or is there an ofset to control Vpilot directly to push to talk

Regards and thanks for your assistance.

4 hours ago, samir_robot said:

My problem is that am using vpilot of vatsim and can't find how sending de button Right Control  ? whats the value to do that ?

The keycodes supported are Windows keycodes.  There are lists of all those I knew of at the time of first publication in the FSUIPC Advanced Users Guide, but for the full current list look here:

ttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/inputdev/virtual-key-codes

There are special built-in controls for the Squawbox3 PTT ON and PTT OFF functions which also apply to roger Wilco and Advanced Voice Client. I don't know if iVAP bothered to follow those standards. You'd need to ask them.

See the section Additional "FS" Controls added by FSUIPC in the Advanced user's guide.

Only if VPilot implemented an FSUIPC interface and such an offset. Youd need to ask them.

I don't use vPilot and know nothing about it.  I really can't support other folks' software. You really need to talk to them.

Pete