The simFlight Network Forums

Precision flight Control

I built a new rig and put the Aerosoft Twin Otter back in and every thing was fine till lately . I'm running PFC quadrants for some reason when i'm running the Twin Otter and put the auto pilot on the throttles go wild till i turn off the auto pilot . I posted this problem over at Aerosoft and said they seen this before with PFC, yes i have the FSUIPC 4.45 the PFC 2.41dll --i I'm thinking of deleting the PFC .INI file and let it rebuild but before i do that thought id check here . Been running the Aerosoft Otter for years since it came out and Precision flight controls for about 15 yrs and never had this happen .Some thing is conflicting with PFC and the autopilot some how ----Thanks Louis 

3 hours ago, Louis said:

I'm running PFC quadrants for some reason when i'm running the Twin Otter and put the auto pilot on the throttles go wild till i turn off the auto pilot . I posted this problem over at Aerosoft and said they seen this before with PFC

Really? They are just standard axes but fed directly to FSX rather than as joystick inputs.. Where are you doing your assignment and calibration? With some aircraft you apparently need to select a user quadrant in the PFC driver, and to your calibration in FSUIPC, but this is most rare.

3 hours ago, Louis said:

Been running the Aerosoft Otter for years since it came out and Precision flight controls for about 15 yrs and never had this happen

So what's changed?

Pete

Well Pete this is where I am .I use the PFC tool to set my throttles , and FSUIPC to set everything else . I did set them like you said with the user quadrant but didn't help . Setting the throttles with Turbo props I always found it very difficult to set, very sensitive and not smooth and all I found searching the forums  is that it's a FSX issue and not the developers . So in FSUIPC  --Hot Keys-- the box to set sync throttles with @ key is what I've been doing and never ever had a problem so this morning I did not sync the throttles with the hot key and its fine , so something was conflicting .I'm gonna leave it like that  but man setting the throttles is very finicky --- Thanks for the help Peter----------------------------------Louis  

4 hours ago, Louis said:

but man setting the throttles is very finicky

Well, I use PFC throttles (and yoke and pedals and centre console and MIP0 in my 737NG cockpit and never have any such problems.

if you only had difficulties with that one aircraft then I thnk it points to the aircraft implementation, but if it's with all aircraft you should really have sought PFC support for a hardware problem.

One other point, though. I always had problems when I tried to use Serial to USB adapters. For years now i've been using PCI (or PCI-E) add-in Serial Ports, such as those made by BrainBoxes. Never any trouble with those.

Pete

Its only with the turbo props Pete, the rest like PMDG there 100 % . I have the Real Air Duke and the Aerosoft Twin Otter and man the throttles are sensitive , I won't be getting any more turbo props because of that.   Thanks for mentioning the USB adapters, I just got a brand new computer built and I told the teck to get a serial port for my yoke. Did you ever come back to the states after I seen you in Seattle?-----Louis

11 hours ago, Louis said:

Did you ever come back to the states after I seen you in Seattle?-

Wow! That was a long time ago -- before FSX was released, that was my last visit there: the AVSIM conference and Microsoft tech meetings, when I discussed SimConnect with Dave Denhart.

Since then, no, not Seattle. Only a three week holiday in Colorado, concentrating on heritage railways ... and beer! That was in 2017.

Pete