The simFlight Network Forums

UNwanted event

Hi,

In the FSUYIPC log file I have an event that continously  appear every second.

First 8 digit number always changing then I have *** EVENT: Cntrl =66066 (0x001020c), Param = 0 (0x00000000) LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF

It's very annoying because it continously switches  LANDING LIGHTS OFF. so i can't use them.

Into the FSUIPC4.ini files there's no 66060 control nor LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF.

How can I find where does it come from???

8 hours ago, codatcri said:

In the FSUYIPC log file I have an event that continously  appear every second.

First 8 digit number always changing then I have *** EVENT: Cntrl =66066 (0x001020c), Param = 0 (0x00000000) LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF

It's very annoying because it continously switches  LANDING LIGHTS OFF. so i can't use them.

Into the FSUIPC4.ini files there's no 66060 control nor LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF.

How can I find where does it come from???

The '8 digit number' is the time since FSUIPC started, in miiliseconds.  For example, 12345678 would be 12345 seconds plus 678 thousandths of a second -- over 205 minutes, or 3 hours 25 minutes.

Finding the source of those events is not easy. FSUIPC can't tell you, because all it sees is the event arriving into the simulator. Probably the only way to find it would be to stop or remove each of your add-ons one at a time until it stops. The most likely culprit would be an add-on aircraft, one which is reading that switch somewhere and thinks it is off. So the first test is to see if it happens even witha default aircraft.

If the event is coming through SimConnect, then a SimConnect log might show it, along with the source.  For this you need a file like this in your simulator's Documents folder:

[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=No
OutputDebugString=0
file=C:\simconnect%u.log
file_max_index=9

That writes up to 9 log files, cyclically overwritten, named "simconnectN.log" (N = 1 to 9). With that setting they go to 😄, but you can direct them to wherever you want.

But such logs with be VERY large, and may not trap the events in any case. Try it without FSUIPC as that is a huge contributor to SimConnect logging!

Pete

Pete