The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse Macro - Doesn't Seem to Work

FSX, SP2, registered copy of FSUIPC (ver 4.974), Windows 7.

I'm trying to create a mouse macro using the user's guide.  No matter what I do, I never see the green popup dialog.  I've tried multiple controls in the A2A B17G and Captain Sim C130. 

I even tried to exactly duplicate the example in the user guide of the Beechcraft King using the Master Warning button.

The Create Macro button is present and seems to work.  I hit it and it changes to End Macro.  But when I hit OK on the FSUIPC dialog and then use my mouse to actuate any controls, the green dialog never pops up. 

What am I missing?

5 hours ago, Tom68 said:

I'm trying to create a mouse macro using the user's guide.  No matter what I do, I never see the green popup dialog.  I've tried multiple controls in the A2A B17G and Captain Sim C130.

I don't know if those aircraft can support mouse macros. In FSX very few aircraft do -- exepialy not those which use XML gauges. They need to be gauges written in C++ abiding by the FS2002 SDK rules. Many of Microsoft's own models don't support them either. It's a bit of post luck.

5 hours ago, Tom68 said:

I even tried to exactly duplicate the example in the user guide of the Beechcraft King using the Master Warning button.

Is that the default King Air? 2D cockpit?

5 hours ago, Tom68 said:

The Create Macro button is present and seems to work.  I hit it and it changes to End Macro. 

You enter a name you the macro file I assume?

Pete

I must have been using the virtual cockpit.  I just tried it and made sure it was the 2D and it worked.

However, if you're saying it won't work with the A2A & Captain Sim planes, it won't be useful for me anyway. 

But thanks for your help.