The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with TSR Eicas and TSR System

Dear Mr. Dowson.

Thanks for great software. 

I have a problem with TSR Eicas and TSR System working together. 

My setup Is across 3 computers via a router. 

comp 1 (server) running FSX, FSUIPC, 

Comp 2 Running TSR Eicas, System, Wideclient

Comp 3 Running Wideclient. and Tekworx InterfaceIT software (for the FDS SYS 1 card) for the overhead.

When I run the TSR system on comp 2, comp 3 recognises the physical switch inputs and makes the appropriate changes on the overhead. When I run TSR system + TSR Eicas the Eicas flickers on an off, and the TSR software eventually shows the following (sorry a registered FSUIPC is required).

I would like to attach pictures but this forum only allows for 20kb. 

Could it be wideclient not having enough capacity? is there a setting I could change?

Wideclient- notepad-config

Classinstance0

Networktiming5,1

Mailslottiming2000,1000

Pollinterval2000

Port8002

Port29002

Response time 18

Applicationdelay 0

Tcpcoalesce, no

Wait for new data500

Maxsendq100

Onmaxsendql, log

Newsendscantime 50

Priority3,1,2

Window0,0,112,27

Protocol,tcp

Thanks for any help ! 

Nick 

On 1/30/2019 at 1:26 PM, NicHer said:

I have a problem with TSR Eicas and TSR System working together. 
My setup Is across 3 computers via a router. 

comp 1 (server) running FSX, FSUIPC, 
Comp 2 Running TSR Eicas, System, Wideclient
Comp 3 Running Wideclient. and Tekworx InterfaceIT software (for the FDS SYS 1 card) for the overhead.

When I run the TSR system on comp 2, comp 3 recognises the physical switch inputs and makes the appropriate changes on the overhead. When I run TSR system + TSR Eicas the Eicas flickers on an off, and the TSR software eventually shows the following (sorry a registered FSUIPC is required).

You do know WideFS is really for Client PCs to receive from and send to the Server PC, not for Client to Client interchanges? I think you seem to misunderstand this.

What is "TSR"? The only TSR I know of is some now obsolete and unsupported software written by my friend Thomas to improve on Project Magenta cockpit software.

On which PC is the overhead?  Comp 3?

Is there a TSR support forum you can use, as your questions would seem more appropriate to them. Does TSR use FSUIPC at all? I'm not really sure where your WideFS network comes in.

You say you get an error about a registered FSUIPC being required. What is that message from, TSR software? Is your FSUIPC registered?

The only file you supplied appears to be one of the WideClient.INI files. However it is severly corrupted. Each parameter line must have a nme=value structure. None of those have. If you've just removed them for some reason, please scrap thge file and let WideClient build a new one.

If you want further help here you need to supply:

FSUIPC4.LOG file from the FSX Modules folder
FSUIPC4.INI file from the same place
WideServer.LOG  from the same place
WideClient.INI  files from both clients
WideClient.LOG files from both clients

Just ZIP them up together, then they will be small enough to attached.

Pete

• 1 month later...

Finally the server computer running wideserver. Thank you again for your help. With best Wishes Nick.

P.s The TSR software is yes from Mr. Thomas Richter, it is the heart of the simulator taking controls, the overhead, phidgets and more into the fold. It is running on comp 2. Right now i have a problem with it - i am speaking to Thomas who is kindly helping me work it out. Shoudl you be be in a positijon to work out why it says that "the FSUIPC is not registered" or work out from the logs why it isnt working properly that would be great. The TSR eicas that i am running is also experiencing severe issues, with it blinking, not mirroing the position of the thottle levers (freezing) and ultimately being very unstable. 

My best wishes

Nick 

Server - Copy.zip

On 3/16/2019 at 12:11 AM, NicHer said:

The TSR software is yes from Mr. Thomas Richter, it is the heart of the simulator taking controls, the overhead, phidgets and more into the fold. It is running on comp 2.

Isn't that software primarily built upon Project Magenta and dependent on it?

Shoudl you be be in a positijon to work out why it says that "the FSUIPC is not registered"

What is reporting that and when?  Nothing in the files you've provided shows anything about it.

WideFS is registered, certainly, and appears to be working okay for one of your PCs. Looks like the other can't get adequate access. Are you running a firewall and haven't allowed these connections? Firewalls in Windows are default enabled.

The TSR eicas that i am running is also experiencing severe issues, with it blinking, not mirroing the position of the thottle levers (freezing) and ultimately being very unstable. 

All this, as well as the other problems do suggest problems with your Network.

Is yours a newly built setup, using such old software (the TSR stuff was withdrawn years ago).? If not, what have you changed recently to cause you problems?

The logs aren't particularly helpful. This entry in your Comp1 pack is odd:

2683 Error on client gethostbyname() [Error=11004] Valid name, no data record of requested type

I've never seen that error (reported from Windows, not WideClient) before. Try using the SrverIPAddr parameter instead of the ServerName, so that "gethostbyname" can be bypassed. Maybe do that in your other WideClient.INI files too.

Pete

Thank you, I will do as you suggest.

two questions

1. Where can I find the wideserver ini file?

it is not in the fsx modules folder in my sim.

2. I have a problem with the pfd and nd (comp 1), i the ils , vor or adf data keeps reloading every 5 seconds. I can’t do ils approaches as the autopilot app mode kicks out .

By chance I tried the sim without computer 2, (also running wideclient )- and the problem dissapeared. 

It seems that as soon as wideclient is active on boh computers they both fight for data. What could I try?

Thanks for all your help,

nick 

2 hours ago, NicHer said:

1. Where can I find the wideserver ini file?

There is no "wideserver.INI". Why do you ask? Wideserver is incorporated into FSUIPC in FSUIPC4 (and FSUIPC5), and there would be nothing in it you needed to change in any case.

2 hours ago, NicHer said:

It seems that as soon as wideclient is active on boh computers they both fight for data.

No, they do not request data more than once. The requests are lodged in the server and FSUIPC sends out updates whenever changes occur. PFD, ND and ILC instruments are displays for such information.

Even if they were making requests the actual amount of data being passed each way is negligible compared with the capacity of any Ethernet link these days. Or maybe you are using wirelass? If so I'd strongly advise getting them wired instead. One rarely has continuous success with wireless links. It isn't the amount of data, it's the intermittent nature with small packets.

I have a Network 9wired of course) of 8 computers supporting my 737NG cockpit. It has served me well with FS9, FSX and these days with P3D, with many years using Project Magenta and, yes, Thomas's modules. These days the same network is used with ProSim737.

If you aren't trying to use wireless links then you have something else wrong. Have you not tried with the ServerIPAddr specified instead of the ServerName, as I suggested?

Pete