The simFlight Network Forums

No pause on task change

Hi Together,

I experience that changing from P3d v4 to FSUIPC the p3d does not stop automatically even though the appropriate box is ticked. P3d stopps only on leaving FSUIPC again.

Does anyone know this behaviour and may explain to me how to change this? My objective is that p3d should stop when I switch to FSUIPC.

Many thanks and

Kind regards

Achim

Hi Achim,

What version of P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5 are you using?

The 'pause on task switch' tick-box only comes into affect when switching from P3D to an external program (FSUIPC is embedded in P3D).

However, opening up FSUIPC sets the sim to 'Dialog Mode', which *should* blank the visuals and stop the sim. When you close FSUIPC, the sim should restart in the same mode as it was in before you entered the FSUIPC dialog. Sometimes you still here some sim sounds when the FSUIPC dialog box is visible (if a wav file is being looped), but the sim is not running.

Is the screen blacked-out when the FSUIPC dialog box is displayed?

Regards,

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your promt reply. Indeed the screen blacks-out but I can still listen to the engines running. Closing FSUIPC brings me back to p3d v4.2 but on pause mode. I use FSUIPC v 5.124.

May I assume that the sim pauses, only the sound is still audible and this behaviour is normal due to the embedded state of FSUIPC?

Thank you very much for your support and

Kind regards

Achim

Hi Achim,

yes, the sim should be paused - can you verify that its in the same state/position after you close FSUIPC? The sim going into pause state when you exit FSUIPC is due to P3D - I don't think it does this in v4.4 though (I'm away from my main pc until Tuesday now, I'll check when I return).

BTW, you should update the the latest FSUIPC5 version, 5.15 when you get a chance - only the latest version is supported.

Regards,

John