The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737 Reverse stopped working left engine

Hello guys, my first post here in a long time; first let me clarify I have a ch products yoke and 2 saitek throttles next to the other, no pedals, my issue last night was, all good during preparation for the flight, just after push back and left engine started, the LEFT reverse thrust stick was moving on and off creating the aircraft to go into reverse in and out, I tried to calibrate and restarted the pc and the sim, same thing until I deleted fsuipc, downloaded again at simmarket and installed again, I have to say I haven't had issues in a long time so this was really unexpected, I dont know what happened, all USB are connected properly, everything is clean and making contact so no idea what happened, please anyone can tell me what to do, also I deleted all the profiles I had to make sure everything was fine, after all this the PMDG 737 started properly and I was able to do my flight, any ideas please on how to solve this to avoid happens again? thanks.

Efrain

P3Dv4.4 i7 6700K OC 4.6 GTX1070

1 hour ago, n452mk said:

my issue last night was, all good during preparation for the flight, just after push back and left engine started, the LEFT reverse thrust stick was moving on and off creating the aircraft to go into reverse in and out,

I assume with a PMDG aircraft and Saitek throttles you have the button operated when you pull back the throttles assigned to reverse with repeat whilst held, then idle when released? If so, then I expect your button was flickering on and off. You can check that by logging buttons.

1 hour ago, n452mk said:

same thing until I deleted fsuipc, downloaded again at simmarket and installed again

Replacing the same DLL with the same DLL can't possibly make any difference.  I would think it likely you just deleted your settings so no longer had reverse set on a throttle.button.

Pete

Ok I was able to fix the issue (i think) for some reason when I disconnected the throttles, all the default key settings on the sim came back so when I was having the reverse issues was due to a conflict I think. Thanks for the help!

One quick question and I been doing this forever, for example I have a profile called "2 engines aircraft" and I use the PMDG NGX for american airlines, then if I use the southwest airlines I have to select the profile again, is that normal? I thought fsuipc will choose for me but no unless im doing something wrong, not a big deal since I been doing that for ever but just making sure. Thanks for the support.

1 hour ago, n452mk said:

Ok I was able to fix the issue (i think) for some reason when I disconnected the throttles, all the default key settings on the sim came back so when I was having the reverse issues was due to a conflict I think.

Key settings? Do you mean keyboard assignments? Why would they have any affect if you aren't using them? I never bother unassigning default keyboard settings.

If you mean jostick settings, then you do really need to disable controllers in the sim if you are assigning in FSUIPC. Both FSX and P3D have a habit of doing automatic re-assignments, especially if they see the devices as "newly connected". Do not simply unassign them.

1 hour ago, n452mk said:

I use the PMDG NGX for american airlines, then if I use the southwest airlines I have to select the profile again, is that normal?

If you've previously assigned that profile for that aircraft it will be loaded for it. To save having to do that you can simply use a common abbreviation for the name same as 737NGX. You need to edit the aircraft list in the [Profile.<name>] section, where all the nmaes with that profile are listed.

Pete