The simFlight Network Forums

Selection Boxes Blacked Out

Hi Beck,

that looks very weird...To be honest, I've no idea, but looks like a UI problem. Does this affect the functionality? It looks like your tick-box backgrounds are black for some reason, but I've no idea what could be causing this, very strange...What happens when you select? Do they turn white? Is this an FSUIPC problem only, or do you have issues with anything else?

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this, but here's what I've noticed and am experiencing.

The tick-box backgrounds are indeed black. When selected they stay black, but the selection works. Only, I'm not sure if the box is actually selected, as it stays black. I was considering doing an uninstall/re-install as I thought perhaps FSUIPC files had become corrupt. I'm not sure. The only thing out of the ordinary I did was bringing in the .ini file from a backup from my previous sim w/FSUIPC install. ( I installed a new SSD, did a clean install of W-10 and reloaded all my plugins in Jan.)  FSUIPC is the only program this happened with. My rudder settings are 'buggy,' meaning I lost the setting in FSUIPC on the two AC I tried. This could be a USB issue though. 

I haven't 'flown' for a few weeks, so I'm going to fire up the sim again and assess. I'll follow-up and let you know.

Thank you again for your response.

Hi Beck,

you can try re-installing, but as FSUIPC is only a single dll I don't think this could be caused by it becoming corrupt.

My rudder settings are 'buggy,' meaning I lost the setting in FSUIPC on the two AC I tried. This could be a USB issue though. 

Are you using 'Joy Letters'? If not, your joy ids (and maybe even guids) may have changed, invalidating your assignments. You can manually edit the ini file to correct the ids (or correct the ids in the registry) if thats the issue. You can post your ini file if you have doubts and I'll take a look.

John

On 4/14/2019 at 2:37 PM, John Dowson said:

Hi Beck,

that looks very weird...To be honest, I've no idea, but looks like a UI problem. Does this affect the functionality? It looks like your tick-box backgrounds are black for some reason, but I've no idea what could be causing this, very strange...What happens when you select? Do they turn white? Is this an FSUIPC problem only, or do you have issues with anything else?

John

10 hours ago, John Dowson said:

You can manually edit the ini file to correct the ids (or correct the ids in the registry) if thats the issue. You can post your ini file if you have doubts and I'll take a look.

Hi John,

Ha!... by 'Joy Letters' do you mean font? Funny, because I just installed a Christmas font a few weeks back, right about the time this started. As for the file, should I send it directly to you, or post it as a text?

Jeff, aka 'beck'

Yes, I got that. I was joking. 😉

So, I just updated P3D to version 4.5 and I before doing so I had control surfaces (aileron full turn locked and no rudder), and after the update, initially, it's was still doing the same. I opened up FSUIPC in the sim and 'poof,' no more blacked out checkboxes. Hmmmmm. I ran axis and calibration again in FSUIPC and it has resolved, the surfaces and controls are working as expected. Just a fyi, the A/C I'm 'flying' right now, checking out my sim 'baselines' is my trainer, the Alabeo Tomahawk. All is good again thus far.  

I'll attach my 'ini' file for you to have a look at and see if you find anything amiss.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Jeff 

FSUIPC5.ini

On 5/4/2019 at 5:23 AM, John Dowson said:

I meant "Joy Letters" - see p21 of the User Guide (related to the AutoAssignLetters parameter).

You can either post your ini file as text or simply attach to a comment.

Hi Jeff,

glad is all working for you now! Joy devices are always numbered, you have to manually activate or assign letters to use the 'Joy Letters' facility (which you should do!).

Your ini file looks ok. A few minor things though:

1. You have 3 devices recognised (yoke, pedals, throttle) with ids 1, 0 and 3. However, you also have quite a few assignments to a device with id 2, which is no longer recognised. This can occur if your joystick ids change (by, for example, plugging them into a different port/hub). To prevent this problem in the future, you should really consider either activating the 'AutoAssignLetters' option, or manually assigning letter to your joystick devices yourself (e.g. 'T' for throttle, 'Y; for yoke, etc). See P21 of the user guide for details. Once done. you can manually remove the assignments to your device with id of 2, to clean-up your ini file (although not strictly necessary).

2. You are using 'ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring', so you could edit your ini to shorten your profile names so that they are selected automatically (see p27 of the Advanced guide).

Happy Flying!

Regards,

John