The simFlight Network Forums

Short Cut Commands do not function with FSUIPC5.151

Hello,

I recently installed FSUIPC5.151 . After installing it I lost the function of my short cut commands in Prepar3d v4.5, For example, P= Push, etc no longer worked, along with all the other shortc cuts I have mapped. When I removed FSUIPC5.151 the commands became functional again. Please, can you tell me why this is happening?

Paul

Hi Paul,

sounds strange - keystrokes not handled by FSUIPC are passed directly to the sim. Try activating logging for 'Button and Key operations' in the FSUIPC logging tab. Start your sim and issue some of your short cut commands, then stop the sim. Post your log and ini files.

Cheers,

John

Found the little monster!

Log file:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g63ffgebkgixbdc/FSUIPC5.log?dl=0

ini. file:      https://www.dropbox.com/s/f74dor4qf6sylq6/FSUIPC5.ini?dl=0

Is it possible I might be having a similar problem as this person had? 

"I’ve had this problem. In my case, FSUIPC was holding onto the CTRL and/or Shift key so all of my keystrokes were just being messed up with an extra modifier, making it appear that my keyboard wasn’t working."

Thank you again

Paul

Roman - yes, sorry... better to enable both options!

Paul: no keypresses were logged, so keypresses are not getting to FSUIPC. I see you are using Linda (started from your ipcReady.lua script presumably). You have this in your log file:

LUA Asks: "Laap first start - Actual language is French - Do you want the English version ? (Y/N)"
   444235 ASN active function link set

This looks like its waiting for a response, so this maybe grabbing & blocking keyboard input. 

As a test, can you disable Linda (e.g. rename your ipcReady.lua to ipcReady.disabled) and also your LaapATCv2.1.lua (by removing from your '[Auto]' section) and re-test.

Thanks,

John

HI John, I think I am narrowing this down to LAAP and the icpReady file you mentioned because when I remove it I recover my short cuts. Please see the message I sent to the developer below

Best Regards Paul

Hi Fredric,

I have been having a problem with my prepar3d short cuts not displaying. For example P=pause etc. I posted this on a forum thinking it was something to do with FSUICP. The forum advised me to rename your icpReady.lua file to disabled and when I did this my short cuts returned. You can see the post here: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/86993-short-cut-commands-do-not-function-with-fsuipc5151/

Now, before we jump to conclusions here, I think it is my end that is the problem  because I reinstalled LAAP and allowed a new icpReady.lua to build, but I did not see the option  (which I normally do) to select the Eglish version) and herein lies , I think the problem, a while ago I can vaguely recall choosing some option, somewhere to disable messages in prepar3d and I think this is preventing me from seeing the option to choose the language. Do you have any idea how I can recover this so I can see the option as I now know this is causing a conflict? It might, on the other hand, be a bug in your script, I suspect not.

Paul