The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with Autosave function in P3D 4.5?

Thanks for pointing it out. Very annoying blaming FSUIPC then closing the thread. I posted a new topic as follows [NOT RESOLVED] View Group Managment - FSUIPC

•  
  • The above thread (without the "NOT") has been closed as "RESOLVED". The resolution appears to be:
I got a tip to look at FSUIPC. And after deactivating the autosave function in FSUIPC the problem isn't there anymore.

Now this still points to a problem in P3D. All the FSUIPC AutoSave does is generate a filename and call the SimConnect function to Save a flight. It is actually identical to the user pressing the ; key to save a flight and entering his own name when prompted. The difference is only that it saves the bother of entering the name, and saves automatically at regular specified intervals.

Of course, saving a flight is often also detected by add-on aircraft code and used to trigger them to save aircraft configurations too. So it could be an aircraft add-on rather than P3D specifically. It still needs investigating though, rather than wrongly blamed on FSUIPC and thread closed!

Pete

Since I use view-groups I tried this on my default flight (Beech Baron 58 EGBB to EGCC), and confirmed the behaviour of the sim with Autosave (default) switched on, though in my case the primary (centre monitor) flickers briefly as well.

With view-groups switched off and Autosave on, no problem. Seems to point to some interaction between the view-groups display process and the P3D "Save" function!

I posted this info on the P3D forum FWIW

Regards

Dave Nash

1 hour ago, dafyddp3d said:

With view-groups switched off and Autosave on, no problem. Seems to point to some interaction between the view-groups display process and the P3D "Save" function!

Did you try using the Menu save flight option, or the ; key (if that is still the defined short-cut)?

Pete

Hi Pete

With view-groups on or off, if I press the ";" key or choose to save the scenario via the menu, the sim stops and displays a dialog box allowing me to choose an existing file to overwrite or save a new file. As far as I remember it's always done this.

Cheers

Dave 

2 hours ago, dafyddp3d said:

With view-groups on or off, if I press the ";" key or choose to save the scenario via the menu, the sim stops and displays a dialog box allowing me to choose an existing file to overwrite or save a new file. As far as I remember it's always done this.

Yes, good. but does it have the same affect as using the Autosave facility? That was the intent of my question. I was trying to determine if it is specifically a Simconnect problem, or a Save action problem.

Pete

I may have got a tad confused here.

With the FSUIPC Autosave switched on, but with view-groups OFF, the primary monitor display is not affected during autosave.

With the FSUIPC Autosave switched on and view-groups switched ON (triple monitor display), the left and right monitors go blank for around a second (I assume this is during autosave as it happens every minute), while simultaneously the centre (primary) monitor flickers to blank for a fraction of a second. After this event the sim carries on as normal till the next autosave takes place and the process is repeated.

If I use the "Save Scenario" menu function or the ";" key, the sim pauses, the displays go blank (black), and a dialog box is displayed, awaiting user input. After saving the flight the sim continues as normal. This is true whether I have view-groups on or off, with the FSUIPC Autosave disabled.

There seems to be some interaction between having view-groups activated and the automatic Save function. Hope this helps

Regards

Dave Nash

On 5/10/2019 at 11:35 AM, dafyddp3d said:

There seems to be some interaction between having view-groups activated and the automatic Save function. Hope this helps

The function is part of SimConnect, so you need to report this on the L-M forum.

Pete