The simFlight Network Forums

Calibrate on P3Dv4.4

Hello Pete and all,

Im a P3Dv4.4 user and I have a ch product yoke, t6000 joystick and 2 saitek throttles quadrants, all connected to FSUIPC, also I have different aircraft profiles, so basically all good but I started to notice sometimes the aileron and rudders will act weird, I mean for example on the rudder I use the t6000 while im taxiing the aircraft will randomly turn left or right drastic when I just taxiing straight, also I if flying manual the aircraft will turn left or right drastic until I bring it back to the heading I was, any ideas was this can be? doesn't happen constantly but happens here and there, was thinking can be a calibrate issue but not sure, please any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

first can you check that you have controllers disabled in P3D.

If they are disabled, can you activate 'Axis controls', 'Events (non-axis controls' and 'Buttons and key operations' from the FSUIPC logging tab, make a short (as possible) test flight that exhibits your problem, and then post you FSUIPC5.log file as well as your FSUIPC5.ini file.

Cheers,

John

You ini file indicates that you have assigned your axis 'direct to FSUIPC Calibration' for all your profiles, but you have only actually calibrated in a couple of your profiles, e.g for 'PMDG 737'S' you have:

Aileron=-16380,-130,512,16380
Elevator=-16380,-512,512,16380
Rudder=-16380,-512,512,16380

You have no calibration for your 'AEROSOFT AIRBUS' profile, which os the one used in your test.

Can you either calibrate each axis (in each profile which doesn't have calibration) or change your assignments to 'Send to FS as normal axis', and repeat your tests please. Also check that you don't have the P3D AutoRudder option enabled.

John

You also have 2 axis assigned to rudder in several of your profiles for some reason :

6=3R,256,D,3,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-
7=3S,256,D,3,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-

Maybe be ok if thats what you intended but seems a little strange assigning two axis to the same control.

John

Oh God.. im a mess, never been a FSUIPC expert but can you explain shortly how to make sure every profile is calibrated? also you saw I have tons of profiles but is because I have a joystick for the airbus, military planes that use a stick and for the boeing, GA's etc I use the yoke, maybe there is a way to simplify profiles for aircrafts that use similar controls like the 717, 737, 777, 747, they all have yokes, throttles and reverse, now on those I use the joystick as my rudder so maybe thats why two rudder setups are showing?

The autorudder is because I keep getting a message from fslabs saying to disable autorudder so no idea why 😞

Oh God.. im a mess, never been a FSUIPC expert but can you explain shortly how to make sure every profile is calibrated?

After you have assigned an axis to 'Direct to FSUIPC Calibration, you should then calibrate that axis in the calibration tab. Please check the 'Axis assignments' section of the user manual.

maybe there is a way to simplify profiles for aircrafts that use similar controls like the 717, 737, 777, 747, they all have yokes, throttles and reverse

You can share profiles between aircraft. If you click the 'Profile specific' option in the assignments tab, you can select a profile to be applied and the aircraft will then inherit that profile (i.e. all assignments and calibration). You can also do this by manually editing the ini file. See the section on profiles in the User Guide.

You could manually edit the ini, removing any profile sections that you think are duplicates/not needed, and then re-assign existing profiles to your aircraft (either directly in the ini or via the FSUIPC assignments tab).

You are also using 'ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring' so you can shorten the aircraft name strings to also match more aircraft than specifying each one individually - check Appendix 2 in the Advanced User manual.

I use the joystick as my rudder so maybe thats why two rudder setups are showing?

You have two separate axis controls ('R' and 'S') assigned to control the rudder in some profiles, whereas in others the 'S' axis is assigned to your ailerons. I only mentioned as you might want to check those assignments (or maybe just delete the '3S' assignments to '{ DIRECT: Rudder }' if not needed).

Note also that button assignments (i.e. those under [Buttons]', not profile specific) are inherited by all profiles, and then the profile specific button sections override/augment these. So you  can have most of your button assignments not assigned to a specific profile, and then re-assign for specific profiles where needed. This is not the case with axis assignments, only profile specific ones will be used when a profile is assigned to an aircraft.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

John

PS 

The autorudder is because I keep getting a message from fslabs saying to disable autorudder so no idea why

Yes, I was just asking you to check/confirm that this is disabled!

Thanks John, I think I will delete all my profiles and do them the right way, also maybe like 1 profile for all turbine engines with reverse that use a yoke, then another profile for the turbine that use a joystick like the airbus, then another one for the GA'S, turboprops, etc. Thanks for all the support, FSUIPC is big, didnt noticed before since I only had the yoke but I can take advantage, now one thing though, for example I have a button assigned on my saitek throttles to turn on/off the taxi lights on the PMDG737, how can I apply those across the board or not possible?

I have a button assigned on my saitek throttles to turn on/off the taxi lights on the PMDG737, how can I apply those across the board or not possible?

Just re-assign the button but make sure that the 'Profile specific' check-box is not ticked. This will add the assignment to the general '[Button]' section. You can then optionally delete/clear your PMDG specific assignment  - with the PMDG loaded, select 'profile specific' from the 'Button + Switches' tab, activate the button and then click the 'Clear' button.

John

Another tip: when assigning the axis for your PMDG Boeings, use 'Send to FS as normal axis' (not 'Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration') and do not calibrate.

The PMDG aircraft intercept the FS controls, in the same way as FSUIPC does for calibration, and use them directly. If you use “Direct to ...” (or even FS controls and then calibrate in FSUIPC) then after calibration FSUIPC sends the controls on to the sim at a lower priority level (to avoid the infinite loop). This results in two, probably different, values arriving in the sim and maybe at slightly different times, causing issues.

John

Yes, that is correct. When you assign to 'FS as normal axis', the drop-down will contain all P3D's axis assignment controls, together with other (older) controls know to FSUIPC and some FSUIPC specific controls. When you assign to 'Send direct to FSUIPC calibration', the drop-down will only show the assignments that can be calibrated in FSUIPC. See pages 35 & 36 of the user manual for full details.

John