The simFlight Network Forums

Help with yoke trim and ptt

Dear Pete, i trust you are well.

I have a strange request. I have a set of keypresses in my FSUIPC4 file on the fsx server, but i do not know what they are for. Coupled to that wideclient.ini on comp 2 doesnt have anything inside. I appreciate this is in the manual, and i have been looking for a solution but i cannot a way forward.

Essentially i would like to have my ACE yoke button presses on Comp2 recognised on Comp1 (server) via widefs, so that  i can trim.

Do let me know what you suggest.

Thank you 

FSUIPC4.ini

6 minutes ago, NicHer said:

I have a set of keypresses in my FSUIPC4 file on the fsx server, but i do not know what they are for.

Sorry, do you mean that you assigned some keypresses but forgot what you assigned them to? If so, then they should have descriptive labels in your INI file, and also you can review all assigned keypresses on the right-hand side of the Keys assignment tab in the FSUIPC options.

Or do you mean they've appeared out of the blue, none of your doing, or copied from someboday else?

Ah, you supplied your FSUIPC4.INI file. Let's see ...

This shows two things:
1. You are using an old and unsupported version of FSUIPC. The current version is 4.974 (you are using 4.929c). Please update NOW, before returning for more help.

2. The INI file you have provided shows absolutely no Keypress assignments -- so why do you think you have some you don't know the purpose of?

13 minutes ago, NicHer said:

i would like to have my ACE yoke button presses on Comp2 recognised on Comp1 (server) via widefs, so that  i can trim.

If you have Wideclient running on COMP2 then it will send any button presses on a recognised Joystick device 9recognised by Windows) to FSUIPC automatically. You then assign them in the Buttons & Switches tab. This is nothing to do with keypress assignments.

Looking at your Button assignments you already have 24 button assignments all from two separate WideClient computers -- KURT - INSTRUMENT and INST - 3. they are all related to operations on FSUIPC Offsets.

With the current version of FSUIPC, such entries in the INI would be annotated. UPDATE!

Pete

Thank you Pete. I will update at once. 

My ace yoke is connected to comp 2 running the TSR system. 

When i go to the button assignments tab on the server (fsx) computer, it doesnt change when i press the button on the yoke. ie. the message doesnt get from the yoke - comp2-wideclient-wideserver-fsuipc. Perhaps there is something in the wideclient.ini that i should put in there? 

What could i try? 

Thank you very much.

Nick

31 minutes ago, NicHer said:

When i go to the button assignments tab on the server (fsx) computer, it doesnt change when i press the button on the yoke. ie. the message doesnt get from the yoke - comp2-wideclient-wideserver-fsuipc. Perhaps there is something in the wideclient.ini that i should put in there? 

It shouldn't need anything, it is defaulted. But you can stop it by specifically telling WideClient not to scan.

Perhaps you should show me the WideClient.INI file from that PC, and which PC is it? In your FSUIPC4.INI you have these listed as having been connected at one time or another:

[ClientNames]
1=KURT-INSTRUMENT
2=KURT-INST-2
3=USER-606C6C407F
4=KURT-MAINT
5=INST-3
6=TSR-LAB

and you already have programmed button presses from numbers 1 and 5 there. So those WideClient installations must have been operating normally.

What was all that earlier about keypresses assigned that you didn't understand?

Pete

Thank you Pete.  It seems i disabled wideclient scanning. All is well.

I have a second question about setting engine fires. I am using project magenta instructor station and TSR 737 system in place of PMsystem. I notice this post many years ago, http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-10296.html and i would like to figure it out. I have the fail.txt attached - would you be kind enough to give me any guidance if applicable? The fire panel is using phidgets - i presume i would need fs2phidgets to connect up the offsets? thank you  

FailureInfo.txt

1 hour ago, NicHer said:

I notice this post many years ago, http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-10296.html and i would like to figure it out.

What am I supposed to get from that? It seems to ramble on, and much of it I don't know anything about.

1 hour ago, NicHer said:

The fire panel is using phidgets - i presume i would need fs2phidgets to connect up the offsets? thank you  

FailureInfo.txt

Sorry, I don't know anything about phidgets. What's the txt file for?

You want to START a fire using a fire panel? That's a little odd.

Pete

Sorry for the confusion. I dont want to start a fire using the fire panel. I want to use project magenta instructor station to start a fire, - it connects to FSUIPC i presume. I would then like fsuipc to output via fs2phidgets (or anyother solution) to illuminate the fire panel. I appreciate it isnt very clear, the reason is im not very clear on it myself. However i presume there is a offset that can be selected in the instructor station. thank you 

26 minutes ago, NicHer said:

I want to use project magenta instructor station to start a fire, - it connects to FSUIPC i presume.

Yes, and I assume that if there is a "start fire" option in the PM IS they set the correct bits in the appropriate offset in. have you tested that?

27 minutes ago, NicHer said:

I would then like fsuipc to output via fs2phidgets (or anyother solution) to illuminate the fire panel.

You'd need somehow to tell "fs2phidgets" how to read the offset. I can't help with that I'm afraid.

28 minutes ago, NicHer said:

i presume there is a offset that can be selected in the instructor station.

If PM have provided the facilities surely they must have programmed it already to use the correct offset?

Your question on PM should really be directed to the PM support forums, and the phidget ones to theirs. I'm afraid i can't really help with either. Sorry!

Pete