The simFlight Network Forums

FlyLive Studio - A new way to livestream.

CAG2

DOWNLOAD - https://flyapps.weebly.com/flylive-studio.html

Hello all:

You may know me for my previous contributions to the community such as FlyLive and FlyChrono. Today I bring to you FlyLive Studio. If you've used the old FlyLive, you are probably aware that it isn't the easiest thing to set up. The UX isn't that great, and setting up the overlay in OBS takes some time. 

FlyLive Studio solves all of the problems that shipped with the old installment of FlyLive. You design the overlay in the application, and you export it as an HTML OVERLAY. This dramatically increases the data update speed (up from 1 update/second to 20 updates/second!) It also allowed me to add subtle animations to some of the widgets. Here's just a few other differences:

• FLYLIVE: Difficult to set up and clunky.
  • FLYLIVE STUDIO: Overlay templates are included and is extremely easy to get started!
  • FLYLIVE: You had to set up the overlay in OBS.
  • FLYLIVE STUDIO: Has a fully featured in-built overlay editor similar to OBS's! You can customise everything - and yes, I mean EVERYTHING. You can customise even the smallest details such as how long the landing rate appears on screen for! You make your overlay in FlyLive Studio, then export it to OBS as an HTML overlay and add it via. the OBS BrorwserSource.
  • FLYLIVE: Took f**cking forever (minutes) for the flight dispatcher to set up.
  • FLYLIVE STUDIO: Flight dispatcher sets up instantly.
  • FLYLIVE: Data only updates up to once per second due to limitations with OBS text sources.
  • FLYLIVE STUDIO: Data updates up to 20 times a second (configurable)! Using an HTML Overlay circumvents the limitations imposed by OBS text sources.

You can also share overlays with your fellow streamers! All images, text and media will be preserved between you and the recipient.

I made sure the UI was of extremely high quality (see attached). You can't tell me that this UI isn't just a little bit sexy ;)

image.thumb.png.d69f2fe7a5d6313ba895142c8fbef725.png

image.thumb.png.0f83075bf48c3bc7bfd00cd623da6d86.png

image.thumb.png.3910853efbe3d563f18ab67a7ebaa171.png

image.thumb.png.84ae0f974f70d32406900302cfcbfa9c.png

Well - what are you waiting for? If you plan on livestreaming flight simulator, I would say this is the best choice.

DOWNLOAD LINK - https://flyapps.weebly.com/flylive-studio.html

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I get this error at startup

I tired to re-install with no success.... any ideas ? 

Flylive_error_zpsyzsfkrfr.jpg

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'Project_Live.Views.OverlayEditor' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: 'BAW-2020' is not a valid value for property 'Name'.
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.set_Name(String value)
   at Project_Live.Views.OverlayEditor.addAllAdorners()
   at Project_Live.Views.OverlayEditor..ctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

• 3 years later...