The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not recongnising previously programmed buttons

I have for some time Logitech HPTAS throttle and stick installed, and had programmed a couple of switches on the throttle to modify or zap traffic.  I recently installed saiteck rudder pedals also and now the throttle button don't work - they wont even register as pressed in FSUIPC.  Everything works fine in P3Dv4 as far as buttons and axes, but not those programmed in FSUIPC.

There seems to be something about duplicate registry entries in the ini file.  Not sure how to fix this.

Have included the files.  Hope you can help!

REgards

John Hambly

FSUIPC5.ini

FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv

FSUIPC5.log

4 hours ago, jhambly said:

, and had programmed a couple of switches on the throttle to modify or zap traffic

In FSUIPC? Your ini file shows no assignments. Its basically empty.

4 hours ago, jhambly said:

I recently installed saiteck rudder pedals also and now the throttle button don't work

Did you install the saitek drivers? If so, you need to uninstall these first. Disconnect all your devices, uninstall any associated devices from the device manager, reboot your PC and then reconnect your devices.

If you still get duplicate devices, you will have to clean your registry.

Regards,

John

Hi John. Thanks for the prompt reply. I don’t know why the ini file doesn’t have any assignments. It must have earlier as it had been working ok for months. I did delete the old ones to allow fsuipc to rebuild in an attempt to fix the problem. That’s probably why. But nevertheless Fsuipc is not even recognising key presses  when trying to reprogram the buttons. 

Ill try the disconnect and uninstall drivers then reconnect. 

If it turns out I have to clean the registry can you advise where in the registry I need to look with regedit?

regards

john

2 hours ago, jhambly said:

If it turns out I have to clean the registry can you advise where in the registry I need to look with regedit?

Possibly, although you could try the 'Device Cleanup' tool (with devices disconnected) available from here: https://www.uwe-sieber.de/misc_tools_e.html

I've not used this myself though!

Oh - and make sure you back-up your registry first, just in case!

Edited by John Dowson
Further info added