The simFlight Network Forums

TrafficZapper

Running Prepar3d 4.5 on WIndows 10 x64 and having FSUIPC 5.151 installed I seem not to be able to get the TrafficZapper option within FSUIPC to work. I assigned Traffic Zipper to a key combination that is not in use in P3D or any add-on, but still when hitting the assigned key combination my AI traffic is happily flying around. Any hints to what I might be doing wrong or what I might have overseen are of course very welcome.

Thanks,
Hans van Wijhe

Hans, the Ai you wish to zap has to be right in front of you. For example an Ai approaching you head-on on a taxiway can be zapped and also one on the runway as you come into land. But an Ai more than 20 degrees from a straight-on view won't be. That is by design.

Thanks, Ray. It has happened a couple of times to me that an AI aircraft flying faster than mine on a final approach caused P3D to hang and abort. It was my assumption that the "zapper" would do its job in a radius of 1.5 miles around my aircraft, rather than straight-ahead of mine. For your information, Radar Contact, which I still use, didn't prevent this situation.

A solution to this might be to turn AI traffic to 0% when fearing for such an engagement in future  :).

Thanks,

Hans

Hans,

There is another command for zapping you might want to check. It might have a wider kill area. Check the documentation.

Regarding P3D crashing when running Radar Contact that has been identified as a long-standing bug in FSUIPC5. Scroll to the end of this topic and download a new FSUIPC5 which will fix the problem. Rename the txt extension to dll.

Hope you're still enjoying RC4 and thanks for your voice set! 👍