The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Throttle Axis Control

I've been successfully enjoying FSUIPC for some time now and have gone all out and transferred all control to FSUIPC.

This is part for ease of assigning keys and controls but also because I want to use multiple joysticks.

Recently I have had to reinstall windows and FSX.  Did a clean isntall so did not have saved profiles to transfer across, or at least they were minimal and have more or less started again.

I noticed on a flight yesterday that throttle 4 is not matching the control of 1-3.  Generally it would sti about 20-40% below the other three throttles.

When changing the throttle value you get levels close to the other three, say moving from (say 60% to 80%) but it soon settles back down to previous setting (say 40%), regardless of the throttle position.

I investigated further and found that throttle 4 has a 0 input (or output, can't remember which) when the others have -16,XXX or along that lines.  When moving the position it gives full range but then settles back to 0, which is halfway along the axis and explains the odd throttle value in comparison to the other three.

I didn't notice it before as I have been using 2 engine jets to set-up, but all the commands (including axis) are mapped either via the module or directly via the .ini file (I find this easier as I use multiple 'modes' and save this on a keymap to then enter directly to the file).

Also another unusual finding this time around is that FSUIPC did not recognise any controller inputs at all!

The only way I can workaround this is to open the controller profile via windows devices and then it works.  I have no idea where to even start on this one!

But will start a new separate topic for it.

My set-up is a Saitek Yoke with an extra throttle quadrant. 

Axis are Spoilers, Throttle 1, Throttle 2 on the yoke throttle and then throttle 3, throttle 4 and flaps on the extra quad.

Also an X-55 Rhino for quick play and fast jets.  I did not notice any issue on recognising controller inputs before adding the X-55 to FSUIPC.

Controllers are disabled in FSX.

I'm at work just now so apologies for vagueness, can come back with better detail next time I'm on the sim. Hopefully over the weekend if need be.

48 minutes ago, gmcraib said:

I investigated further and found that throttle 4 has a 0 input (or output, can't remember which) when the others have -16,XXX or along that lines.  When moving the position it gives full range but then settles back to 0, which is halfway along the axis and explains the odd throttle value in comparison to the other three.

This is a common problem with Saitek units. The installation sets some axes incorrectly in the registry.  Please see this thread in the FAQ subforum:

51 minutes ago, gmcraib said:

Also another unusual finding this time around is that FSUIPC did not recognise any controller inputs at all!

The only way I can workaround this is to open the controller profile via windows devices and then it works.  I have no idea where to even start on this one!

This might simply be the Windows USB default setting for "power management". Look in Windows Device Manager, and check the Properties of all the USB hubs and other USB entries. Turn off power management where the option is present.

Pete