The simFlight Network Forums

Frame Rate Drop

LarryJ2112

I know in the end I need a new PC, but I am holding off for as long as I can. I am running Tower 3D pro and using voice.  I run dual monitors and like to put the ADIRS window to the second screen.  When I do that my frame rates drop dramatically.  I have turned all video settings down to the minimums and it doesn't help.  My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 710.  PC has 12GB of ram. CPU is a an AMD A10-7800 Radon R7.  Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Larry Johnson

1 hour ago, LarryJ2112 said:

I know in the end I need a new PC, but I am holding off for as long as I can. I am running Tower 3D pro and using voice.  I run dual monitors and like to put the ADIRS window to the second screen.  When I do that my frame rates drop dramatically.  I have turned all video settings down to the minimums and it doesn't help.  My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 710.  PC has 12GB of ram. CPU is a an AMD A10-7800 Radon R7.  Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

I have read where this might occur with hardware acceleration. It has been suggested that turning it off, if it is on, or turning it on, if it is off, might resolve the issue.

Gil

Y'all are practically neighbors - you should get together and figure this out in person. 😉

@LarryJ2112 I have an older PC like you and also use multiple screens. In my experience with T!3D Pro, the key to keeping the frame rate up is to keep the main screen the active window as much as possible. Any time I click on the ADIRS and keep the focus on the the ADIRS window, the game slows to a crawl. That's a bit of an exaggeration but I've timed the game clock and it can easily take a minute or more of actual time to complete 30 seconds of game time. Even with focus on the main window, the best I can hope for is around 56 seconds of game time in a minute of actual clock time. The game could use some tuning - hopefully we'll see that in the next version.

So again, try to keep the focus on the main window as much as possible and you should see better results and might even be able to up your graphics settings. 

I am not the smartest at this game but my MAC does this also when I hook up to the TV.

When i pop out those displays to the second screen my computer cannot process that correctly so I have to click back into the main screen for it to function without the frame drop. The second screen will function but if I click off of the main screen To the second, the MAC cannot handle that graphically.

So try clicking back into the main screen and see what happens.