The simFlight Network Forums

STOPING INDIVUAL ENGINES

Hello again.  I recently purchased FSUIPC5 for P3D4 and I can't seem to figure out "HOW TO "STOP" INDUVUAL ENGINES WHEN SHUTTING DOWN.  I have no problem starting them because they are listed in the drop down list that way but there is no listing for shutting them down individually.  I have read the manual and can't seem to locate anywhere on how to do this.  (probably missed it)  Could you please help me out with this.  I am trying to program my overhead panel for my flight simulator.

hpwells1

1 hour ago, hpwells1 said:

I recently purchased FSUIPC5 for P3D4 and I can't seem to figure out "HOW TO "STOP" INDUVUAL ENGINES WHEN SHUTTING DOWN.  I have no problem starting them because they are listed in the drop down list that way but there is no listing for shutting them down individually.

Engines are normally shut down by cutting their fuel. The P3D controls for that are

MIXTURE_LEAN for all engines, of MIXTUREx_LEAN for engine x (x = 1-4).

These are standard P3D controls and are listed in the P3D assignments as well as in FSUIPC, maybe with different wording.

I have read the manual and can't seem to locate anywhere on how to do this.

Sorry, but the FSUIPC documentation cannot possibly list all the ways of doing everything possible in P3D.  It isn't its job. (I doubt even that there's any P3D documentation which would tell you explicitly -- you'd probably need to find tutorials for the specific aircraft).

I am trying to program my overhead panel for my flight simulator.

The overhead panel for which particular aircraft? I don't offhand know of any aircraft which has engine shutting down facilities in the overhead, but there may be I suppose. For jets there will be a fuel idle/cutoff switch or similar, probably near the throttle quadrant. For props there will be a mixture lever or knob (usually red) which is reduced to off to cut the fuel.

Pete

Pete, Thanks for responding so quickly.   My flight simulator is mainly for two (2) engines  so I limit my aircraft to those type (Jet or Prop).  I do however sometimes fly  the C-130 aircraft  so what I did was make a "generic"  overhead panel as to accommodate all aircraft that I may be flying.  My throttle assembly is a dual control with throttle/prop pitch/Mixture controls and I can shut off the engines by pulling back on the mixture control and when flying four (4) engines I just make #1 also control #3 and #2 control #4.  How would one interject  MIXTURE_LEAN for all engines, of MIXTUREx_LEAN for engine x (x = 1-4)  into FSUIPC?  Thanks again pete

One more thing. where can I get a list of all the buttons and switches that you can program in FSUIPC?  ( the ones with the drop down arrow)

hpwells1

2 hours ago, hpwells1 said:

How would one interject  MIXTURE_LEAN for all engines, of MIXTUREx_LEAN for engine x (x = 1-4)  into FSUIPC? 

Not sure what you mean by "interject", but those are the sames of the controls you can assign to button or key presses in FSUIPC. The names in P3D will be different, but would describe the same things.

2 hours ago, hpwells1 said:

One more thing. where can I get a list of all the buttons and switches that you can program in FSUIPC?  ( the ones with the drop down arrow)

The list for P3D controls is In your FSUIPC Documents folder. There is a PDF document, plus a TXT version which is re-generated for each P3D update in case any more have been added.

Adding to this you would also see the additional FSUIPC controls listed later in the FSUIPC Advanced User's document, okus those for any Macros or Lua files you might have installed / running.

Pete