The simFlight Network Forums

FSIUPC Steam Edition install

12 hours ago, KentW33 said:

I used FSUIPC in the past, but can't wade through the installation process for the Steam Edition.

Wade through? You just run the installer....

Whats the actual problem? Your log shows that it is installed ok and that you haven't registered. Do you not see the FSUIPC... entry in the Add-ons menu?

John

When I try to connect ADE to the sim I get...... 

Could not connect

FSUIPC Error#2

Cannot find FSUIPC or WideFS running on this machine

I do have the FSUIPC files in my Documents folder

But not in the Add On scenery

14 hours ago, KentW33 said:

Could not connect

FSUIPC Error#2

I do not know what ADE is, or Error#2.

Cannot find FSUIPC or WideFS running on this machine

Does this mean that you fo not see the  FSUIPC... entry in the Add-ons menu (as previously asked)? Please confirm or otherwise.

I do have the FSUIPC files in my Documents folder

FSUIPC does not install anything in your Documents folder. The FSUIPC documentation will be installed (from your install log) in:
    C:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC Documents

But not in the Add On scenery

FSUIPC doesn;t install anything in your Add-on scenery - why do you think this?

Your FSUIPC install folder is
    C:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules
which is where your FSUIPC4.DLL file will be installed. If you do not have the FSUIPC menu entry, can you please check this folder to see if there is an FSUIPC4.log and and FSUIPC4.ini file, and if there please post them (make sure that you have 'Show hidden files' activated and 'Hide extensions for know file types' deactivated in your explorer options to see these files correctly).

John

Could not connect

FSUIPC Error#2

Ok, ADE is the 'Airport Design Editor' - I've not used this, but make sure that you are running it as Administrator if you are running your FS as Administrator otherwise it will not be able to communicate with FSUIPC.

John

• 1 year later...

I have tried to install FSUIPC4 on my 😧 drive and it failed to load. I get a error message that say to location the FSx.Exe file. I enter the location and the system just fails.

The FSX folder is located on the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\New folder\steamapps\common\FSX  when I run the FSUIPC4 from c:\progrms it runs and asked for the drive were to find FSX.exe. Then it fails to run again. 

I have tried to move the flight sim to d: but that did not help. Can you help me get the the FSUIPC to load. 

Screenshot (22).png

Before anything else, please download and try the latest (and only) supported version, v4.976: http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC4.zip

Also make sure, if not using a steam version, that your FSX is up-to-date with the SP! and SP2 patches (SP! available from https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1950/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-service-pack-1/, SP2 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8986).