The simFlight Network Forums

Multiple ShortAircraftNameOk=substring

Hi,

I'm trying to find a solution for my different axes and buttons setup for multiple airplanes with multiple liveries (titles)
I started with my PMDG 737ngx with "profile specific" checked and then used ShortAircraftNameOk=B737-800ngx and that's working great for all liveries (different titles)

So now I want to do the same thing for my LevelD B767 who also has multiple liveries (different titles) so using ShortAircraftNameOk=B767.
But it looks like I can't use that parameter twice in the fsuipc.ini file.(at least it doesn't give the desired result)

In an old thread of 2008(!) I read Mr Pete's answer that he might consider implementing multiple instances for this parameter.

Was this ever done, if so, how? (maybe comma seperated?) If not, how could I go about avoiding to either change all my livery titles of the LevelD or making multiple entries in
the fsuipc.ini for each livery (title)

Cheers,

Luc

Hi,

you did missread or maybe didn't read about this setting, Advanced User Guide page 7?

It has only three different possible parameters, Yes / No / substring. The 'substring' is the parameter, not as you used it.

ShortAircraftNameOk: This is normally set to “substring” to make sure aircraft- or profile-specific Keys, Buttons
and Joystick Calibration settings apply to any aircraft whose title matches a shorted form from within the names.

Alternatively, you can set ShortAircraftNameOk=Yes for matching abbreviated names starting at the first character,
rather than any parts within, or ShortAircraftNameOk=No to only ever match full names.

Thomas

1 hour ago, SkyCamel said:

I started with my PMDG 737ngx with "profile specific" checked and then used ShortAircraftNameOk=B737-800ngx and that's working great for all liveries (different titles)

As Thomas said, the valid settings only include Yes, No and Substring.  The default is Substring, which means profile assignments can work with any part of thename listed in its [Profile...] section.

To set profiles for different aircraft, apart from just assigning them in the options when you load them, to add their names to the list in the relevant [Profile ...] section of the INI. It is there, because of the "ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring" setting (defaulted in your case), where you can list names like PMDG for all PMDG aircraft, or 737 for all 737's, and so on. Use as much of the name (aircraft title) as you need to avoid getting unwanted aircraft with the same part in their title. So for just the PMDG 737NG you could use 737NGX.

Pete