The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pstlpete

Do I need the hotfix and how to use the FMC?

Two questions. one & one probabley dumb on my part.

First. There is somekind of hotfix above but I am not sure if I need it or not.

Second.  I am trying to figure out how to program the FMS. What do you do if destination has no stars. Do I just layin the P3D flight plan?

I have gone thru the procedure at least 10 times. get to start engines, taxi & T/O, then the trouble starts. Cant maintain proper speeds, does not maintain set in course, does not maintain vs. 

I know i'm doing somestuff wrong but this is driving me crazy. You would think that at least once outa 10 something would go right. I am not a novice & have used flight sim since V1, but never had to use an fms and never had a plane as diverse as the 145. Any suggestions would greatfully accepted.

--

Mods edit subject line to reflect the questions

If you downloaded the product recently, you're probably as you to date as possible.

In terms of your other question, FeelThere have released a great YouTube playlist on the E-Jet which taught me all I needed to know

You will need to consult the Vspeed tables from the manual for any given weight and OAT, but you shouldn't need anything else

1 hour ago, Pstlpete said:

somekind of hotfix above but I am not sure if I need it or not.

Which product?  One of the Ejets or one of the ERJs?  (You reference the ERJ 145)

On 3/26/2020 at 8:44 PM, scoobflight said:

Which product?  One of the Ejets or one of the ERJs?  (You reference the ERJ 145)

ERJ 145. Posted a reply but it did take for whatever reason.  Sorry.

37 minutes ago, Pstlpete said:

ERJ 145. Posted a reply but it did take for whatever reason.  Sorry.

unless you purchased and downloaded the plane before April 2018, yes 2018, the download you have is up-to-date.

On 3/26/2020 at 4:38 PM, Pstlpete said:

I am trying to figure out how to program the FMS

follow both introduction flights provided in the manual.  read the FMS section of the manual.  there are many good user-created FMC tutorials on YouTube.  Search "Feelthere ERJ tutorial".  Be sure not to follow one for the Ejet ... the video @hammertime shared is for the Ejet and is DIFFERENT plane with different systems.  the 135, 145, XRJ are similar to each other (some panel differences) though using the FMS is the same across all three airframes