The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5

Hi Pete , i have an older version 4.996 which was used mainly on FSX Windows 7/64 . I also have P3D V4.5 but apart from makerunways it did not install into that . I have just upgraded to Windows 10/64 and want to run a few atc programs i have - RADAR CONTACT/PFE/and PRO ATC in P3D V4.5 .Do i just download your latest version , and where do i install it as i read in the Forums not to put it into the default programs folder which is where P3D is ? I like to use RADAR CONTACT mainly but read i will need your V5 to do this ? Thanks Mate. Regards Peter.H .

Hi Peter,

5 hours ago, peter hall said:

i have an older version 4.996 which was used mainly on FSX Windows 7/64 . I also have P3D V4.5 but apart from makerunways it did not install into that

FSUIPC4 is not compatible with P3Dv4 - you need FSUIPC5.

Do i just download your latest version

Yes - available from the Download Links -> Updated Modules section.

where do i install

Just run the installer. It will be installed in a folder called Modules, under your P3Dv4 installation directory.

6 hours ago, peter hall said:

i read in the Forums not to put it into the default programs folder which is where P3D is

Well, if you have installed P3D in your default programs folder, then FSUIPC will also be installed there, under the P3D directory, as I said.

Its relatively straight-forward to move this installation directory after you have installed, either using the DLL.xml install method or the xml add-ons one. I can help you with this if needed, but you must first install in the default location and check it is working as expected.

Cheers,

John

Thanks for the prompt response John and will get V5 Registered version to put into my P3D V4.5 , and i nearly forgot do i need to install your makerunways too as i notice that P3D V4.5 already list's it in the folder ? Thanks again Regards Peter.H !

Edited by peter hall
Left out question !

John another question please mate .I have FSX with a SAITEK Quadrant and want to use FSUIPC4 to get it working properly with the Throttle/Prop/Mixture Axis or X/Y/Z , Z axis is fine but i am not getting full travel with X/Y and from about 30% its all or nothing showing in the sim with the slightest touch on the Quadrant doing this ? , so i am hoping FSUIPC will fix it ? Do i need to Disable just my X/Y/Z Axis in FSX to use the FSUIPC or do i have do Disable all the switches too ? I have the SAITEK YOKE/RUDDER PEDALS/ CESSNA TRIM WHEEL/ and of course the Quadrant! Its a strange one because i have no problems at all with the Quadrant in P3D V4.5 ? P.S. do i need the Makerunways too as i see there is already one in the P3D V4.5 folder ? Your help is much appreciated Mate ! Regards Peter.H.

Do i need to Disable just my X/Y/Z Axis in FSX to use the FSUIPC or do i have do Disable all the switches too ?

If you have assignments in P3D, then you will have to just remove the axis assignments and leave your controllers enabled. The problem with this is that you might find that P3D will sometimes automatically detect these as new axis and re-assign them, which would then cause problems due to duplicate assignments (in P3D and FSUIPC). This may work ok, but the alternative would be to disable controllers completely in the sim and do all your assignments through FSUIPC.

P.S. do i need the Makerunways too as i see there is already one in the P3D V4.5 folder ?

Depends. MakeRwys just scans your scenery to collect data on runways and makes this available for use by other programs. You do not need this to use FSUIPC.

but i am not getting full travel with X/Y and from about 30% its all or nothing showing in the sim with the slightest touch on the Quadrant doing this ?

That is strange, and I would suggest that you check the calibration in windows, but you also say

Its a strange one because i have no problems at all with the Quadrant in P3D V4.5

so the windows calibration must be ok. You can try assigning and calibrating in FSUIPC to see what values you get there.

Cheers,

John

John , i had a shot using FSUIPC4 for FSX and found as expected with my SAITEK QUADRANT. The X/THROTTLE AXIS goes from 0 straight to 16383 with nothing inbetween as soon as i move it off the detent ? The Y/PROP AXIS is showing numbers smoothly but with limited travel ? And the Z/AXIS has no probs with smooth numbers and full travel ? The calibration was the same ? No probs in P3D V4.5 /only FSX . It looks like a DRIVER prob ? Do you think SPAD would fix it ? Thanks Regards Peter.H !

Hi Peter,

3 hours ago, peter hall said:

No probs in P3D V4.5 /only FSX

That is strange - are you using the same ini file (renamed of course)?

It looks like a DRIVER prob ?

I doubt it, as it is working in P3Dv4.5.

Do you think SPAD would fix it ?

I don't know - maybe. You shouldn't need SPAD for throttle quadrants - only the switch, radio and instrument panels would require SPAD (or SPAD.next).

Do you have the saitek drivers and software installed? If so, best to remove them. If you aren't using the same .ini file as for P3Dv4.5, then try that first (copy your FSUIPC5.ini to FSUIPC4.ini and move it from your P3Dv4 Modules directory to your FSX one). Also, if you are using an add-on aircraft, please also try with a default one to see if you get the same results.

If its still not working, post your .ini and .log files and I'll take a look.

Cheers,

John

John MATE ! You gave me some ideas as to why it was working in P3D but not in FSX so i went back into the Menu and while there ,FSX crashed and had to shut down , so i rebooted and calibrated etc and PRESTO the QUADRANT has come back to proper operation on its own accord somehow ? Thanks for your PROMPT response again mate and I'm happy again . Cheers , Peter .H.!