The simFlight Network Forums

Moving old profiles to FSUIPC V6

I will be installing P3DV5 along side V4.5. Currently running latest FSUIPC V5 and have all my controller profiles set. When I do the upgrade install, I assume FSUIPC6 installer will keep my 4.5 settings. After install into P3Dv5 - can I just copy the fsuipc.ini files and profile folders? Or what is the best way to transfer the controller settings to the new version?

Thanx,

Vic

Hi Vic,

please see the installation manual which comes in the zip with the installer - it should answer all your questions.

Basically you have several options: 
    - you can keep your FSUIPC5 installation for P3Dv4, and just install FSUIPC6 for P3Dv5, in which case you can copy across and rename your .ini file, as well as any macro, lua or other auxiliary files that you use
   -  you can install a single copy of  FSUIPC6 for both sims. If you do this, FSUIPC5 will be uninstalled but you settings will be preserved. You can choose to install in the same directory as you FSUIPC5 installation, in which case you just need to rename your FSUIPC5.ini file to FSUIPC6.ini, If you choose another directory (which is recommended), then you need to move and rename your .ini as well as move any other macro, lua, etc files
   - you can install separate copies of FSUIPC6 for each sim; do this by running the installer twice,  and selecting to install into one of the sims when you do. Preserve or copy your settings by copying and renaming your ini, as above.

Cheers,

John

A short detailed question:

I m using only P3D 4.5 HF2 on my computer, nevertheless I have bought FSUIPC 6. I have installed the software into modules folder (old method). In the module are now two files.

(FSUIPC5.ini and FSUIPC6.ini). Can I delete FSUIPC6.ini and rename FSUIPC5.ini into FSUIPC6.ini. I have many macro, lua with joysticks. I'm just asking for security if I understand it correctly. Best Michael 

On 4/15/2020 at 9:04 AM, John Dowson said:

Hi Vic,

please see the installation manual which comes in the zip with the installer - it should answer all your questions.

Basically you have several options: 
    - you can keep your FSUIPC5 installation for P3Dv4, and just install FSUIPC6 for P3Dv5, in which case you can copy across and rename your .ini file, as well as any macro, lua or other auxiliary files that you use
   -  you can install a single copy of  FSUIPC6 for both sims. If you do this, FSUIPC5 will be uninstalled but you settings will be preserved. You can choose to install in the same directory as you FSUIPC5 installation, in which case you just need to rename your FSUIPC5.ini file to FSUIPC6.ini, If you choose another directory (which is recommended), then you need to move and rename your .ini as well as move any other macro, lua, etc files
   - you can install separate copies of FSUIPC6 for each sim; do this by running the installer twice,  and selecting to install into one of the sims when you do. Preserve or copy your settings by copying and renaming your ini, as above.

Cheers,

John

Hi !

the fsuipc 6  installer uninstall fsuipc 5.

How can I do for using fsuipc 5 for p3dv4 and fsuipc 6 for pr3dv5 ? 

37 minutes ago, Jim Supersym said:

How can I do for using fsuipc 5 for p3dv4 and fsuipc 6 for pr3dv5 ? 

When you install FSUIPC6, it will detect which P3D versions you have and present you with a selection dialog. If you do not select P3Dv4, then FSUIPC6 will not be installed in P3Dv4 and if FSUIPC5 is installed there it will remain so - it is only uninstalled if you select to install FSUIPC6.

• 4 weeks later...