The simFlight Network Forums

I bought FSUIPC5 3 weeks ago, do I have to pay again??

40 minutes ago, Luke Kolin said:

Please read.

I did and I´ll say again: That´s not fair!  

He made this announcement just 7 days ago and if he already knew that the launch of the v5 was close,  why not close the sales of the 5 and open the pre-sale of version 6 as others developers do.

This is not correct!

Read article that Luke Kolin  referred you to. I assume you will be using P3D V5 as you didn't mention a Flight Sim in your original post.

If you had you would have seen:

For those users who have recently (i.e. on or after 1st February 2020) purchased FSUIPC5 but will be updating to P3Dv5,  I will supply a

free license if you PM (or email) me your registration details (order number and date).  

noels7

7 hours ago, Hamilton01 said:

He made this announcement just 7 days ago and if he already knew that the launch of the v5 was close,  why not close the sales of the 5 and open the pre-sale of version 6 as others developers do.

The sudden decision to release V5 came as a surprise (and an annoyance!) to all Beta testers. Most of us didn't think it was suitable yet for release -- it seems to have been more of a bean counter decision than a technical one. You can tell there are lots of problems with it, just look at the complaints and problem reports.

FSUIPC6 would not have been ready for release & sale before the P3D5 release.  Worse, the long Easter holiday weekend was in the way of SimMarket being able to set it up. So it would have been wrong to withdraw FSUIPC5 from sale beforehand.

John offered to supply free Registration keys to those who purchased FSUIPC since February 1st. That covers you easily, so why the whining?

Pete